AVIC411.com

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying an Avic Z150BH for my new Toyota (I loathe the built in navigation), and I'd like to use App Mode and connect up my XM since cell reception can be spotty by me so streaming off my phone isn't 100% reliable. With that said.. I'm a little concerned about the cable mess, it looks like the CD-IH202 kit is a lightning cable that hangs out 4 inches or so with an HDMI and another lightning cable coming out of it.. so three wires and some molding hanging right off the phone.. ugly!!  Has anyone figured out a way to hide all of that garbage behind the dash and somehow extend the lightning cable off the harness? I tried looking for a lightning cable extension cord but couldn't find anything.

Also, I noticed off of a Youtube video that the CD-IH202 isn't even needed as the HU comes with the USB cable, and I already have a bunch of HDMI cables lying around.. so all really need is the Lightning to Digital adapter supposedly.. Has anyone verified this for themselves? (Obviously this is connecting to an iPhone 5)

-Keith

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also why even consider the AVIC if you hate the navi? You're better off with one of the App Mode capable AVH or App Radio units and will save money on top of that.

Thanks for the link, I searched all over and I couldn't find anything.. As far as the Nav, I hate Toyota's.. it's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen, I'd rather have the Pioneer's navigation over it.. of course, I'd like to try using App mode and using that navigation. The reason why I wasn't considering the App Radio is that I wanted to connect an XM tuner to it since I can't depend on streaming to work on my iPhone.. it doesn't work half the time.

-Keith

I have the X950BH with the XM Tuner.  I have to agree that it is a big cable mess especially since I also have connected the second USB with mini-plug in addition to the HDMI and lightning cables.  I have it all in a split tubing and then used a bunch of tie-wraps to keep it neat until it breaks out to the phone.  I have mine stashed with the phone in the glove box so it took several attempts to get it just right to keep it neat and be able to close the glove box.

Ok so I bit the bullet and have the Z150BH arriving this Friday, but I didn't order the CD-IH202 yet. From what I read, most people already have the cable that comes with the CD-IH202 but I'm wondering how? After reading the manual for the Z150BH, it doesn't appear that it comes with the USB cable... so how did people obtain it? I already own plenty of HDMI cables so if there's a way to just buy the USB cable cheaper I'd like to do that.

-Keith

Well I put my unit in today and winds up that extension cable does NOT work for me, when I use it my iPhone says that the connected accessory is not supported, the unit doesn't recognize it, and the phone doesn't even charge. As soon as I remove it from the mix and plug the digital audio converter in directly everything works fine.

Did you update the radio firmware? There is an update for Iphone 5 compatibility.

Yes, like I said it works fine without the extension cable. When I use it, it no longer works. I am using iOS 7 though so it could be that they introduced a check to disable no authorized accessories like that extension cable.

You likely got a defective cable. Order from the link I posted and try it from there. At least it works for me. And I highly doubt it has anything to do with iOS7. The way these cables work is a simple pin to pin pass through. As long as the signal goes through the adapter before it hits the unit it shouldn't matter what the signal goes through before it hits the adapter.

You likely got a defective cable. Order from the link I posted and try it from there. At least it works for me. And I highly doubt it has anything to do with iOS7. The way these cables work is a simple pin to pin pass through. As long as the signal goes through the adapter before it hits the unit it shouldn't matter what the signal goes through before it hits the adapter.

That is the exact cable I bought and from the exact seller, I'll contact them for an exchange and see how that goes.

-Keith

Actually Im using the white one for now that I bought from them. I cant imagine it should make a difference but it might. I plan to purchase the black one soon as well.

For the hell of it I tried the cable connected to a regular charger and it worked fine to charge my phone, but when I connect it to the HU's cable it won't even do so much as charge my phone. That's strange.. The seller also told me that the cable does not support audio and video, only charging. I really want to find an extension cable that works, I've only had the setup for a few days and already the weight of the digital audio adapter is causing problems with intermittent connections.. Every time I pick the phone up to accept the app radio dialogue, it stops and starts charging as if something is lose or broken.

-Keith