AVIC411.com

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently ordered another cable for another AR project and got a slightly different cable then the one I got a couple of months ago that does work. The new cable doesn't work so I emailed the seller and he agreed to swap the cable for the same type I initially purchased from him.

Its almost as if we bought from a different link or something... my guy wouldnt ship anything out unless he already had the return in hand, and I used the link posted in this thread, ebay user dinlowx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pin-Male-Female-Extension-Cable-Cord-for-iPhone-5-iPad-4-mini-iPod-Touch-White-/190872151912?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item2c70dde768

The physical characteristics of the cable that works is rounded corners on the female connector as well a Lightning symbol on the face of the same connector. The one that doesn't work has square corners and no lightning symbol. Appradioworld.com has an extensive write up with pics on the cable and the examples verified to work there came from iMod.co in China. It appears to be the same cable however. When I emailed dinlowx about the problem I described the differences between the two cables and he replied he would replace with the proper cable.

• 6 months later...

Hey VBlue, any idea which vendor has working extension cables for our purposes? I never did get one which worked, and since I'm going to take my unit out and replace it with the 8000NEX next week, I figure I might as well take another stab and getting rid of that mess.

This has all been covered on this forum. Use this extension: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pin-Male-Female-Extension-Cable-Cord-for-iPhone-5-iPad-4-mini-iPod-Touch-White-/190872151912?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item2c70dde768

No need for the Pioneer CD-IH202 if you already have all the cables you need.

I think he's going to need the Pioneer cable. The USB port on the back of the Z150 is for charging only and does not pass data.