AVIC411.com

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you run an HDMI cable from the back of the HU and plug it into a HDMI to Lightning Adapter and then plug into your phone and all will work just fine? I have a Z150BH as well and have been pondering on this website for over a week and have yet to figure this out 100%..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=897281&is=REG&Q=&A=details

The real only complaint I have with the system is that I did the override bypass for parking break, to play video.. When I start the car up, I have a buzz/whine through my speakers.. Sometimes its for like 5-10seconds and other times, it stays on the entire time the vehicle is running and will just randomly disappear after a while. Either way, its so annoying, I am almost ready to just run the system proper so I don't have the buzz/whine feedback through my speakers.. I think this product will take that buzz/whine away,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4471155&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CJ_FudfHsrkCFYqZ4AodeDYAdA.

Yes, it works just fine, thats how I have it setup. What we are attempting to fix in this thread is the obnoxiously short lead from the Apple Lightning-HDMI adapter to the phone. The lead is very short (maybe 2 inches), and is entirely the Apple adapter's design issue, nothing to do with Pioneer.

The buzz/whine issue sounds like a topic for another thread.

I get ya now.  I too was just looking at this adapter and thinking the cable was very very short.  Deems the device pretty much useless when using it.  I will follow closely on this thread, as I have not purchased it yet.  Thanks for testing though, really appreciate someone finally doing it.   As for my gripes on the system, it is alraedy in another thread.. Just felt better by posting it.. haha!

Well, thats $20 I will never get back. Neither the black or white cable work when it comes to AppMode. No charge, No AppMode. It works fine with extending charge and sync to a computer, but not with our head units. Dont waste your time and money believing otherwise.

The white cables do work but we're using cheap Chinese garbage here with probably at least a 50% failure rate and I would normally never even recommend going there. However if this is my only option you really have no choice if you want an extension. If you got a white one that doesn't work simply send it back for replacement. The eBay link I linked to on here is in CA.

Well thats up to you. If you are the type to just give up and not even try then good luck to you. If you ordered from a vendor in China then again you are probably out of luck. However if it were me I would simply contact them and explain it doesn't work. These cables cost a dime a dozen for these vendors and they know there is a high failure rate. They probably wont even check it without sending a new on to you. Again good luck.

Has nothing to do with giving up, thats never been in my personality. It has everything to do with being honest about the situation. It wasnt ordered from China, it was ordered from the same place you ordered yours from (which I am sure sourced the parts from China). I sent a message to see if they will swap cables with me, in the last exchange they asked if the cable provided power and sync operations, I said yes, we will see if they give me a replacement or not.

I told them that when I plug in the extender I lost functionality versus just plugging it in without the extender. Which is vague, but true. Hate doing it.

I sent the black one back first, will send the white one in a few days. I have 14 days to return the white one, had the black one longer. I figured sending two back at the same time would be suspicious.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told I can exchange mine but he made clear to tell me the new one won't support video/audio either, and the cost to ship it and get potentially lost in the mail I'm just not bothering. It sucks.. I'd pay a premium for a cable that would work.. I feel like the weight of the adapter is causing it to twist and pull which will eventually cause a failure in the adapter or attached cables.. I just want to stuff it in the dash and have a single cable come out. I don't understand why a passthrough cable is so hard to make.