AVIC411.com

questions about bluetooth

I am new to the forums and I have searched to find no answer for this. Are any of the other bluetooth modules that will work with the z1 other than the ND-BT1. I am having a hard time finding one at what I feel is a reasonable price and some of the newer models are cheaper and might function better. Just checking. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Brock.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello i currently have the Avic-Z1 model, i upgraded from the Avic-n4 and i had the btb200 adapter installed, when i put in the Z1 i was trying to find information on the bluetooth myself and it kept coming back to the ND-BT1 and i didnt want to use it because there isnt any streaming options, so when i installed the Z1 i installed my BTB200 along with it.

to get the BTB200 to work with the Z1 you install it just like any IP device. and take note as well that you will need a microphone for the BTB200 itself as the microphone for the head unit will not work for incall features for this device. there isnt a "bluetooth" av channel like there is for FM, AM, and stuff like that, the channel that operates the bluetooth is EXT or extension if you will, on the screen controls you should see either "tel reg" or "bt audio" there is a source selector on the screen to swithc between bluetooth phone or bluetooth audio.

its working great in my car and the very first thing i did once i installed it was make a call and it worked flawlessly.

i honestly do not know why pioneer doesnt put anything saying that there is support for this device but it does work. and just to put out there i have very old software in my Z1 and will be updating to 2012 software this next week.

hope it works out for you, i have read bad reviews for the ND-BT1 so the btb200 is alot better in my opinion.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old post, but was wondering how the upgrade to the 2021 maps (possibly to Z3 software?) went with the function of this unit?  I'd be interested in it for my Z1 (upgraded to Z3) just for the audio streaming off my Galaxy S3, but hadn't seen where anyone had gotten it working that way yet.