AVIC411.com

Popular Waze Navigation App Updated with Cleaner Map UI, Other Improvements

Pioneer states for the default app "

"View maps as you would on your iPhone® or Android™ device. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio™ app."

Which it really doesnt matter if its Apple Maps or Google Maps, i figured that was the default for a iOS coupled device. If it is a replication of apple and google maps, then that explains the choppiness

Choppy as in, even tho the phone and the radio have a antenna to receive a GPS signal, tracking of location is choppy where it isnt in other Navi apps i have used

Navi apps in general will hit the GPS harder than "regular" maps app. They need to have a more precise location to be able to figure out if you took that exit or not. Also, they'll likely do predictive movement, either based on the sensors or just guessing. (I know that Waze does this since you can watch it show you going down the wrong road when you've missed a turn until it actually catches up with where you are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of this app but I do use it from time to time.  I'm not into the whole social part which is its strong point so I'm not the right audience for it I guess.

However, I wish this app added three things:

1) Posted Speed Limit Signs (heavily requested)

2) The ability to keep the map zoomed out to a certain scale (hate the auto zoom "back" in feature)

3) Possibly download map data so it'll still work w/o a data connection (if need be)

I'm sure there will be some changes along the way now that Google owns it.  I wonder if they are going to keep this a separate product vs. Google Maps or if they we'll eventually merge the two into one product someday.  Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

• 1 month later...

http://modmyi.com/content/12729-popular-waze-gps-app-ios-updated-voice-search-other-improvements.html

Popular Waze GPS App for iOS Updated With Voice Search and Other Improvements

Published on 11-06-2013 06:45 AM

wazeupdatebanner.png

On Wednesday, the highly popular Waze GPS application for iOS has been updated, bringing the application up to version 3.7.6. Waze touts over 50 million users, all of which can work as a team to report issues on the road and help improve the driving experience for everyone by warning everyone of what's to come. Google acquired Waze back in June of this year.

Wednesday’s update to the application brings the ability to use your voice to search for addresses and locations that you want to navigate to. What’s more is Waze’s voice input supports over 45 different languages. This can be helpful while you're on the go because you can simply talk to Waze about where you want to go instead of using all of your attention to manually type in addresses that you want to navigate to.

The Waze application has also been given improved support for iOS 7, and improved settings with a new help section and improved control over sound alerts that the application might give you. General bug fixes have also been added to make the application run as smoothly as possible for all users.

Existing users of the Waze application for iOS will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store for free. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Waze for iOS for free from this App Store link for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. 

Sources: App Store

Navigation lists no longer scroll on my AppRadio 3 touchscreen!

You can no longer touch, scroll, or drag the following:

1) "Recents" list on the main "Navigate" screen,

2) "Favorites" list, and

3) "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work

This had occured in a previous update which was fixed. Doh!

Did anyone else with AR3 and iphone 5 update waze?

I have lost touch controls in various screens. Can't seem to find anyone else on the web stating the same issue since the recent release 3.7.6.0

2) "Favorites" list, and

3) "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work

2) "Favorites" list, and

I've got an AR2 and am experiencing these same scrolling issues, but only on search results for me. I've been able to scroll on favorites. This is with an iPhone 5 fwiw.