AVIC411.com

X950BH bypass help please!!!

I've tried 2 different bypasses now trying to keep my DVD and typing abilities while in motion. I've tried the relay and moving the pin. Both when stopped work flawlessly. As soon as I hit approximately 5 MPH it gives me the viewing video while in motion is strictly prohibited message. As soon as I stop the video comes back on without missing a beat. Anyone have any ideas or does anyone else have this same problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

A relay is not needed for AVIC bypasses. Did you ground both wires? Is the relocated wire seated properly? Check your connections and keep checking them until the issue goes away. Either a wire is loose or you haven't performed the bypass properly.

When I did the bypass on my X950 the moved pin kept sliding out which resulted in a poor and at times non existent connection. I had to use a small magnifier to see the connector and finally used a jewelers screw driver to push the pin all the way in. Also I had to scrape the paint off the place where I put the ground lugs as the ground with just the screw was not good enough.

Make sure to test the connections before you button everything back up fully which makes working on things a tad easier.