AVIC411.com

ABC News: XM & SIRIUS MERGER ANNOUNCED

I like it too. Hopefully someday I will be able to have a nice, two-line display for my sirius, and its superior content :D (except for baseball)

I am actually optimistic about this. It may be a good thing. Mel Karamazin of Sirius knows how to market radio, and Sirius has the brand name, while XM has the technology and the content.
i dont think it will happen

when the FCC licensed the two companies, part of the their agreement was that one company could never own the other

Not quite:

While it is true that one could never own the other, it says in the article that "Federal licenses for the satellite services prohibit one entity from owning them. However, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin has said the licenses could be altered, if requested. "

besides i do not think there is a monopoly. there is competition, free radio vs sat radio. At this point in the game why would Sat Radio try to be a bully and raise rates to exhorberant amounts? Then we would all cancel and try out HD Radio (right) LOL

I will be positive about this. I just hope Hoo Hoo Howard's 500million+ contract won't mean the end to both.

Looked like Howard might be thinking of leaving anyways. He must have knew this was coming. He just got engaged, he is grooming Bubba the Love Sponge to take over for him, by letting him do Friday morning shows while he is off.. Maybe he knows he needs to leave, or he knows they will can him.