AVIC411.com

ABC News: XM & SIRIUS MERGER ANNOUNCED

besides i do not think there is a monopoly. there is competition, free radio vs sat radio. At this point in the game why would Sat Radio try to be a bully and raise rates to exhorberant amounts? Then we would all cancel and try out HD Radio (right) LOL

I will be positive about this. I just hope Hoo Hoo Howard's 500million+ contract won't mean the end to both.

hoo hoo i invented sattilite radio hoo hoo tel em fred

There is a joint merger tele-conference this morning. You can listen live via XM Channel 200, or I believe Sirius Channel 122, 8:30AM this mornin (in 15 minutes). I will be recording it to share if anyone wants. I really hope they talk about the rumored a'la carte pricing, what will happen with content and hardware, and of course, the new company name (which I believe will remain Sirius Satellite Radio. Although I like XM better as a name, cause it fits in line with am radio, fm radio, and of course, their slogan: "Beyond AM..Beyond FM... Sirius Satellite Radio" just wouldnt work LOL )

the more i think about the conference call i heard yesterday, the more i am uneasy about how this is all going to be bad. for how long, i dont know, but when the merger first happens end of this year, many channels will be dropped on both sides, one company's navtraffic service will be discontinued, but who's? and which channels? questions that will not be answered till it happens. Many people on all the XM and Sirius fan boards are all making predictions, but predictions are just rumors and heresay. We will not know till the announce the big axe dropping.