AVIC411.com

Avic-F950DAB brand new and problems , Bypass ??

Hei guys,

I just brought a brand new Avic-F950Dab version a couple of days ago , but did not had the change to install it since my install kit did not arrived. At this point i wanted to take care of the bypass hack, but i saw it was to hard so i decided not to fiddle or force it. I did not managed to pull the cable out, I did not force it, and im pretty sure i did not do any damage (at least i hope) .

So my problems is the i started my unit in my car, and to my surprise I cant access anything from setings menu , because it thinks it's in motion. I get the message "cannot operate any settings while vehicle is in motion" somthing like that. Clearly i am not in motion. Tried moving and stopping , but no help.

Have i managed to damage the mute cable or something ? I really cant see how i could do that since i was pretty set not to fuck it until i tested the unit in original state.

Any thought on this problem ? I need an opinion on this before i contact the dealer shop.

Oh , i am also wondering . Do i have to connect the RCA connector even i have nothing to connect to them ? I have no rear camera, or any other devices connected. I tried start the unit without this bundle of RCA connectors, and have the same problem.

As now i can only listen to media files and radio , setting up my unit is impossible. I am surprised to see the gps at least managed to find i'm in Oslo, my Town.

Hi Pug

Just to understand this correctly, did you had the same problem ? As i mentioned , this is brand new unit,and i would like to just start it normal , no hacks or something. And this is what botheres me. Either i have managed to damage the cable somehow, or this is a faulty unit. At this point i would go ahead and try to make the bypass , and see if it works. Coz the symptom i have is that the unit things the car is in motion. Therefore cant access any settings , or Safe Mode button.

I didn't do the mod to the secondary loom. That's completely untouched.

On the main loom is the parking brake sensor. All I did was connect this to ground. It's the long wire with the quick clip on it.

This makes the head unit think the handbrake is on all the time. GPS and everything works fine and I can get all the menus.

Hi again ,

Thanx for taking time to reply.

Yes i noticed the long wire with the clip. Since i was like paranoia of something touching the connector in the clip , i just closed that clip. Hope that does not mean anything.

I think i will go to the car in an hour and start digging. I am going to try to ground this parking sensor. At this point i will only do that. Ground the parking brake.

but i dont get this : Does it mean that people will have to ground the parking brake before installing the unit , even when taken out of the box brand new ? I would thinks Pioneer would not do such a thing.

It seems like that did the trick. I just inserted the parking brake in the same socket as the ground , and i was able to access everything. Still , this is a mystery for me. Buying a unit like this should come prepared to insert and start up. I dont think Pioneer is happy to let every moron trying to fiddle with cables which can result into fatal outcome , both for ther unit and the user.

Thanx for the help Pug

have a wonderfull sunday

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I'd just like to say that the reason for the parking brake wire is to connect it to your handbrake cable to allow the unit to work when the handbrake is on ie for watching videos etc. However, pioneer don't want you to watch videos etc whilst driving as that is against the current laws. By bypassing this fail safe you are going against pioneers instructions and what ever the outcome is lies solely in your hands. I myself have just purchased the same unit and will over the next few days apply the bypass but I am acknowledging that doing so is my risk