AVIC411.com

Tired of those WHITE Apple cables & adapters? Plasti-Dip them BLACK!

I'm going to try and Plasti-Dip BLACK my WHITE lightning extension cable and lightning to HDMI adapter. 
MD826.jpgScreen+Shot+2013-09-01+at+12.39.05+AM.pn

I had a successful test using Black Plasti-Dip today!  
(check out my before after pix/videos)

This is all in the link above but here it is again for easier reading.

I'm a new Plasti-Dip fan, this stuff rocks, people coat their whole car in the stuff!   It's tough and feels like a real rubber coating. (because it is)

The Silver trim rings from my smart car dashboard pop up gauges show up in the window reflection. (of my DashCam recordings, even with CPL)  

I took it upon myself to buy a $5.95 can of black plastic-dip.  They turned out great!  (4 coats)    
Plasti-dip rocks, it's totally safe and can be peeled off if you don't want it later on.  
People coat their whole cars in the stuff!    

I'm a total fan now.  My Gauges look and feel like they have a custom high quality black rubber ring!

Before:

AxLIvJOm.jpg

nGKuAAkm.jpg

After:

Bv7MvBTl.jpg

I expect it to be pretty tough even on cables.  I'm going to do a minimum of 4 coats.    Remember if you don't like it or it doesn't last you can either touch it up, or peal it off.

Does your background display that picture becuase you are connected to the iPhone?

Correct, you don't see that screen unless the iPhone AppRadio app is up and running and HDMI adapter is doing it's job.

The only native things you'll see on an AppRadio with no phone connected is regular FM Radio, or Pandora via BlueTooth.

Correct, you don't see that screen unless the iPhone AppRadio app is up and running and HDMI adapter is doing it's job.

The only native things you'll see on an AppRadio with no phone connected is regular FM Radio, or Pandora via BlueTooth.

Thanks Bud.. I have the Z150 with iPhone 5S but have been reading a ton of reviews on getting these cable extensions and getting it to actually work, so i've been holding off on setting mine up.