AVIC411.com

New member from Washington State

Greetings all.  Came across this forum after many searches for customizing and tips. I've had my Avic x930bt in my 2011 Lancer since Jan 2011 but vehicle was put into storage as I was deployed with the Navy. Recently returned to the states and now live in Washington state area. I'm sure there areTONS of stuff to read about my unit and what I can do with it but what I'm looking to do or learn about is:

I can put videos on my SD car and some play and some won't. I"ve used many different converter programs like Movavi, or GOM or Handbreake and cannot seem to find the correct settings to get it to work consistantly.  My most successful method is to download videos from youtube using a site called www.keepvid.com  you then can choose what resolution you want to download the Youtube video. the 480P seems to work most of the time. The 1080P works rarely. I have tried to compare the specs to see what variations are different that is causing some to not play back and I cannot pinpoint what it is.

I've already successfully bypassed the parking break/video mod so playing videos while car is driving or being able to input a new GPS address while moving can be done. aside from that, unit is pretty basic/stock.

Other item I am looking to learn about is weather the Avic X930bt is hackable. I am familiar with Rooting and Jailbreaking and installing custom firmware on many devices like phones, PSP's, PS3, etc and would like to learn if any custom firmware are designed....I really think a totally reconstructed firmware could make the unit VERY enjoyable. I feel currently there is lag and the interface could be much more presentable. If anyone has any links or info, please feel free to pass my way. Just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to contributing any information I can to help out.

Thanks in advance.

~Tim