AVIC411.com

F940BT password lost

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I flattened my battery on the camper and lost passcode on a F940 BT. I had bought it in 2012 and my brain is too small to remember passwords!

Having read masses and played around, I finally downloaded condis hack mode v1.4 base - install via testmode.

I had tried other download versions, and failed. This particular one worked. If you are double checking the file has 5446kb. Lots of links to it on the different sites.

Then I followed all the wonderful pictures on the 930 site.

It worked a treat. I am only posting this so that anyone with a 940 can rest assured that it recovers it beautifully. Persevere and try to look for the 1.4 testmode file

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Oke anyone having trouble resetting / viewing the password in your pioneer avic-f940bt.

It took me hours combining and trying multiple variations of what people posted over different forums. The following worked for me:

1. put the TESTMODE.KEY file in the root of a mini-sd card (check the attachment of this post)

2. go to your car, and put in the mini sd. Start your car. The system will now boot in safe-mode instead of the password-asking mode you did not know the password for

3. Go to file-management (navigating the safe mode is tricky, turning the volume button changes the selection, the "mode" button functions as "enter".

4. Go to this path: "user/system/security/password", select that file and make it output the text.

5. What you read on your screen now is the password.

Thanks to all the other posters posting the testmode.key and parts of the instruction. I thought I would just combine everything in a step-to-step guide for people with the same problem as me.

TESTMODE.KEY

4 hours ago, dsfdivine said:

Oke anyone having trouble resetting / viewing the password in your pioneer avic-f940bt.

It took me hours combining and trying multiple variations of what people posted over different forums. The following worked for me:

1. put the TESTMODE.KEY file in the root of a mini-sd card (check the attachment of this post)

2. go to your car, and put in the mini sd. Start your car. The system will now boot in safe-mode instead of the password-asking mode you did not know the password for

3. Go to file-management (navigating the safe mode is tricky, turning the volume button changes the selection, the "mode" button functions as "enter".

4. Go to this path: "user/system/security/password", select that file and make it output the text.

5. What you read on your screen now is the password.

Thanks to all the other posters posting the testmode.key and parts of the instruction. I thought I would just combine everything in a step-to-step guide for people with the same problem as me.

TESTMODE.KEY

Or just run this: Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & some older F series