AVIC411.com

Just picked up an open-box X940BT - missing items required?

So i just picked up an open-box X940BT from my local retailer. It was a display unit and had no box. I had them power it on to test power and everything is good, however I noticed most of the settings/options are greyed out. I figured it was because not all the connections were made besides main power. I received the headunit, main wiring harness, gps receiver, and mic. I already knew it was missing the remote which I don't care for because I currently have a 4400bhs which I have the remote for and I don't even use it because I have factory steering wheel controls. After getting home, I noticed no USB/aux cable, not sure if its included or sold separately, but the biggest thing is the white plug wiring harness that has the rca connections. I read several bypass DIY instructions that refer to that harness as some of the wires are modified to make it work. Can I install without it and what would I be losing or is that harness absolutely necessary. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

I would suggest going onto Pioneer's website and downloading their manual. In the first couple pages it shows what is supposed to be included with a complete unit. If I remember correctly there are two multi connectors for the back and others. I'd see if the dealer will cough up the missing cable connector since it should have been included. With the X940 I used to have it came with the USB connector cable while my X950 did not?

You did not mention your vehicle but if it is one of the new "LAN" connected cars you'll need to have an adapter specifically for that one. Otherwise the steering wheel controls will not work and possibly the unit may not even turn on?

you will need the harness with the RCA cables if you even want to bypass the unit (watch video while in motion) hook up any amps, or hook up a back up camera.

your setting are greyed out because you do not have the parking brake wire hooked up and the brake is not set.