AVIC411.com

2013 EU UPDATE F30 F930 F9310 F40 F940 F840 F8430

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm gong to try this on my F30 that's been updated so is the equivalent of an F40 in all but badged name  :blink:

I will see how it goes & if it's successful I'll make a donation to you  Pug :)

Has anyone who's done this update previously done Pionara's mod to remove the nag screen and if so did you have to reapply the mod or does it still work?

I'm just unsure as to where the mod sits... in the OS or in the Navigation app.

Andrew

If you apply the update then using testmode to get the files back off then it's easy enough. Worked on my F930. No need to reapply the update as it's already been installed.

Just follow the instructions for the mods in their relevant threads but bear in mind all the offsets are different so read the instructions carefully. The file structures are the same so should be simple enough.

As a heads up for this update, use this post for the offset: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35523-remove-caution-nag-screen-bypass-hack/page-7&do=findComment&comment=269273

And follow the instructions for the very 1st post for instructions.

Thanks Pug found the newer posts in the nag thread after I'd posted my query here... ready, fire, aim :rolleyes: always my trouble

However I'm currently planning to edit the Navi.exe in the installer which should mean I don't even have to go back in and fix... one AVIC brick in the making, I hope not as I have found the offset you kindly posted and the hex looks correct so will report back how I get on.

Andrew

Eeek get a message after the install has completed... wrong SD card insert correct card & continue

Well as predicted I have a brick... done a fresh download of everything and I always end up with the same error message re wrong SD card. Tried to reinstall my v4 but that won't run either now, not quite sure how to get back in to the unit but have my testmode SD card so will give that a try next. But if anyone has any ideas as to why this may have happened I'd be interested

So a note for anyone attempting what I foolishly did... Reading many of Pionara's posts I find you can't have any changed files within the updater. Part of the reason for my first failure, my subsequent failures were a result of a corrupt .rar file, this was compounded by my using a Mac with a windoze emulator to expand and create the update SD. Thankfully a fresh set of downloads and a reformatted SD have resulted in a successful map update. Now just the nag mod to apply tomorrow...