AVIC411.com

Please help with bypass after install is complete

Hi,

This forum looks great and I plan on being a contributing member. I have a question. I have an Avic-x850bt that was professionally installed in my 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I want to perform the Parking Break Bypass but I am hoping that I do not have to remove the HU to make it happen. The green wire has been secured to the parking break. Is there a way to simply remove this from the parking break and somehow perform the bypass without removing the HU?

Thank you for all suggestions and feedback.

Steve

Is there a way to simply remove this from the parking break and somehow perform the bypass without removing the HU?

Thank you for all suggestions and feedback.

Steve

Not unless you plan to wire the P brake wire to a switch. If you want an automatic bypass you are going to have to access the harness on the rear of the unit and I don't see how thats going to happen without removing the unit.

Thak you for the replies. My last question is since I already insalled this I prefer to use the switch. I did try to just take the parking break green wire directly to ground by the parking break. This works until I start driving over 10-15 mph. If I do the switch (toggle) do I simply put the green parking break wire and the ground to the switch? Can the ground be coming directly from the chasis or does it have to be a ground on the radio harness?

Why will the toggle work but not just grounding it. What is the differene?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Actually my mistake, being this is an AVIC unit you will need to do the two wire bypass so again you will need to remove the unit. There are others that claim a one wire bypass is all thats required by grounding a wire other then the P brake wire but that method seems to be inconstant. Regardless you're going to have to remove the unit. 

And a ground is a ground. Just make sure it has a good connection.