AVIC411.com

Still The Best

I have installed three Z series head units in my cars over the years.  Once in a 2003 Expedition, once in my RAV4 and once in my 2009 Porsche Cayenne.  I still own all three cars.  They are sort of unbeatable.

I just bought a new Toyota Highlander and intended on getting one with no radio so I could install another Z2 but the one that came with the Toyota looked so nice...  Boy, was I wrong.

I am now considering replacing the $4000 upgrade on my Toyota with yet another Pioneer Z2.

First of all, I am completely spoiled with the Bypass.  I completely forgot that the new unit would be locked out when driving.  What a pain!  The bypass concepts for the ENTUNE units are really stupid.

There are numerous other things that are better on the Z but I know I am preaching to the choir on this forum.

Anyway, all I can say is that the new units don't hold a candle to the AVIC Z Series.  I am pretty sure I will be replacing the expensive factory unit in my Highlander Limited with a used Z in the not to distant future.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...