AVIC411.com

New EU firmware 8.05 for Appradio 3 (SPH-DA110)!

I wouldn't try that if I were you.

But anyhow, I installed it on the EU DA110 and am glad to see that the AppRadio's GPS signal is now transferred over bluetooth to my iPhone 5.

I tested this previously and the iPhone 5 was only using it's own GPS receiver, having really poor positioning when I put it in the armrest.

Hope you US guys get the same fix :)

I wonder if it will work for my SPH-DA100?? Does someone dare to try???

I would be willing to give it a shot, but the problem is that it is only a .HAT file

The lack of a .YUK file suggests to me that it wouldn't change anything (Like Bluetooth Streaming)

The other problem is that I am already on 8.30 EU since this update is numbered 8.05

I'm not sure it would even take.

I would be willing to give it a shot, but the problem is that it is only a .HAT file

The lack of a .YUK file suggests to me that it wouldn't change anything (Like Bluetooth Streaming)

The other problem is that I am already on 8.30 EU since this update is numbered 8.05

I'm not sure it would even take.

There is a method for "tricking" the firmware upgrade process, so you can downgrade.  Simply open the PEH403B_V08.05_1T.HAT file in a HEX editor (XVI32 is free and easy to use), and change the version number, which spans the decimal addresses 136-140.  In this case, you'll be changing "08.05" to "08.30".

But that's not all.  Since you're dealing with a different model than the firmware dictates, we'll need to break down some additional differences between the AR2 and AR3 files...

In the PEH403B_V08.05_1T.HAT file, you'll see the string "NX209" at addresses 2-5 (very beginning of the file).  If you look at any of the AR2's firmware upgrade files (8.17 and 8.30 are available online), you'll see the value "NX163" at the same addresses.  I went one step further to compare the EU and US firmwares, and can confirm that NX163 is uniform across the board with the AR2 firmwares.  So I'll draw a conclusion that this is somehow model-specific.  If the upgrade program checks the version, then it will probably also check the model-- if not for anything but the consumer's own protection.  So in other words, you'll need to spoof this as well.

So for your initial attempt, you'd be changing:

"NX209" to "NX163" at addresses 2-5

"08.05" to "08.30" at addresses 136-140

post-34972-0-13134200-1380128202_thumb.png

There's another difference in the "header" we can't ignore... it's the fact that the version number isn't in the same place (128-132 for AR2 vs 136-140 for AR3).  On a related note, you'll see additional information in the AR3 firmware at addresses 112-118 ("PEH403B") and 128-132 ("H403B"), which do not correspond to anything in AR2's firmware.  If you've really got the cajones to try this, I'd personally leave it as-is for your initial attempt.

If your modified file fails the initial validation, it will likely be due to the version number being offset by 8 addresses.  In that case, for your next attempt, you'll want to make the header of the file more like the AR2 firmware by "filling" in a few places.  So for a second attempt, you'd be changing:

"NX209" to "NX163" at addresses 2-5

"PEH403B" to seven spaces at addresses 112-118

"H403B" to "08.30" at addresses 128-132

On the LEFT (hexadecimal) side, enter all zero pairs into hex addresses 85-8F (decimal 133-144)

post-34972-0-27501400-1380128206_thumb.png

Officially, I do not recommend you do ANY of this.  I would personally only do this if I had a spare AR2 laying around that I'd risk becoming a paperweight.  But should you (or anyone else) feel the need to martyr your precious AR2, the rest of us are anxiously awaiting your results.

-FM

post-34972-0-02522600-1380128198_thumb.png

Hi Guys!

First time here and I just bought myself the DA110 here in the UK.

I'm having some issues upgrading the firmware.

I've followed the PDF instructions including formatting the drive to FAT32.

Tried 2 different brands of USB stick

No matter what when I go to settings the 'Firmware Update' button will not activate.

Any ideas?

Just in case it matters i'm on Windows 8 when formatting.

Hi Guys!

First time here and I just bought myself the DA110 here in the UK.

I'm having some issues upgrading the firmware.

I've followed the PDF instructions including formatting the drive to FAT32.

Tried 2 different brands of USB stick

No matter what when I go to settings the 'Firmware Update' button will not activate.

Any ideas?

Just in case it matters i'm on Windows 8 when formatting.

I had a problem with FW upgrade when I formatted USB drive under Mac OS. Try to format usb stick to FAT32 using standard size of cluster. 

I had a problem with FW upgrade when I formatted USB drive under Mac OS. Try to format usb stick to FAT32 using standard size of cluster. 

Solved it.

It was actually me demonstrating my lack of experience with these head units.

It doesn't activate due to the parking brake sensor.

I just grounded the green wire and bingo :)

Thanks anyway though guys!