AVIC411.com

Hope this is a friendly place

Hello everyone,

I just bought a used Chevy Suburban and it has a F900BT unit in place of the OEM stereo. It seems to function ok, even though I have no clue how everything works. I've been able to pair two phones to it, and it sounds good. The NAV is out of date for certain because I missed a turn off that was only built a couple of years ago, then it had to reroute me. The one thing that does not seem to work is the steering wheel controls, both for the radio and the cruise control. According to the previous owner they bought a harness to interface, but "did not know all the codes to get it programmed right, and gave up after a couple of hours.". I have no clue where to post such a question, since it is not directly related to the Pioneer unit, rather a supposed harness that may or may not be there to make it work with the unit.

Also, this guy had some type of an override switch to keep the rear view camera on whale driving. However according to him he had it disconnected even though the switch is still present. Trouble is that the camera stays on all the time EXCEPT when in reverse, which is when I need it to back up this land whale. I really wouldn't care if it is on while I am driving, but it does make it difficult to do anything else except listen to the radio station is is on. Still I need to figure out how to get it to at least come on in reverse when it is suppose to.

Anyway, hopefully some of the members here will be kind enough to help guide me along since I know little about this head unit or it's features/quirks.

JC

Why would someone come to a forum as a new member with that title? I mean, seems to me you might get unfriendly responses if thats what you are looking for. Anyway there is a section of this forum that pertains to your unit if you have questions about it. However there are better forums for your harness questions but there are many people here that can probably help you. Good luck and welcome to the forum.