AVIC411.com

X940BT 2013 Map yet???

My guess is they were waiting for the 5s and 5c, as well as iOS7.

They got completely blindsided by the new connector of the 5, probably didnt want to release an update, and then have it nullified a couple of months later.

Hopefully that means something is right around the corner (dare to dream with iRadio support?)

Or they won't roll out an upodate for the x940 at all is what I'm scared about!  Pioneer likes to stop supporting the older models like they did with my F-Series.  Once the iOS5 was rolled out, it stopped playing video on the unit from the iPhone.  There was a debate whether or not it was Apple or Pioneer to update the firmware and it should have been Pioneer.  I spoke to them and told me that they will not be supporting that issue on the F series and I should step up and purchase a new unit after a year and a half if I wanted the video to work??  They make a decent product, but crap for support...

• 2 months later...

This may sound strange but here in southern California, my x950 model seems to update the maps when something new is found. As an example, the other day I found that two new streets had been finally added to a housing development a couple miles south of me and when on a trip to Walmart they had showed up when a week or so earlier they were not there on my map. On major streets or highways (freeways) where traffic sensors have started to work, they now show up on my GPS screen. It is sort of nice to see the freeway lane on the other side turn red when you see their traffic slowing to a stop!

It is sort of nice to see the freeway lane on the other side turn red when you see their traffic slowing to a stop!

I was mildly confused about your post until I realized that the 950 is equipped with a Traffic Tuner. Is it safe to assume that it allows for augmentation of older maps only within the range of sensors?  

The augmentation or map updates seem to be a feature of this model although I could not find any info in the user manual or on Pioneer's website. I do remember the guy at the stereo shop where I bought it said the maps would do this and I didn't give it any thought until recently. I imagine the stereo pros must have some source of information us normal folks do not?