AVIC411.com

AppRadio 3 users interfacing w/iPhone4/4S & IOS v.7.X POLL

AppRadio 3/iPhone 4/4S User Poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did your AR3 function properly when you first powered it on (connected to iPhone)?

2. 2. Are you using a specific micro-bypass or a hardwire approach to defeat the parking brake/DVD?

• Micro Bypass
    • Hard-Wired
    • Not Applicable
  3. 3. What version IOS is on your iPhone?

4. 4. Are ALL menu functions on the AppRadio 3 live and useable?

5. 5. Are you using the genuine Pioneer CD-IU201N USB to 30-Pin Cable?

• Yes
    • No
    • Using another brand.

I am really curious about this.  Mine is installed and partially working.  I have power, radio works fine, blue tooth pairs almost immediately, the USB/30-pin cable _seems_ to be charging my phone, but the App Icon is greyed  out and not functioning so I have no GPS even though all the proper Apps are installed on my iPhone4.

Tomorrow I will pull the radio and get rid of the Micro ByPass to see if that is causing the "communication" problem. I talked to a local installer today and he said that some Pioneer units are sensitive to the brake bypass and may not allow you to get to all menu options.  He suggested I keep plodding along, and trying to contact Pioneer Tech Support, and if I haven't resolved it by next week, I have an appointment at his shop on Wednesday for his best Pioneer guy to pull it and start from scratch.

So I'd like to make this Poll and thread a central one for AR3/iPhone4/4S users to share their stories, maybe help someone figure out why their Appradio 3 isn't working as advertised.  

Please take the poll and list your installed AppRadio 3-Related Apps and any pros/cons in follow-up posts.

Mike

I am really curious about this.  Mine is installed and partially working.  I have power, radio works fine, blue tooth pairs almost immediately, the USB/30-pin cable _seems_ to be charging my phone, but the App Icon is greyed  out and not functioning so I have no GPS even though all the proper Apps are installed on my iPhone4.

Tomorrow I will pull the radio and get rid of the Micro ByPass to see if that is causing the "communication" problem. I talked to a local installer today and he said that some Pioneer units are sensitive to the brake bypass and may not allow you to get to all menu options.  He suggested I keep plodding along, and trying to contact Pioneer Tech Support, and if I haven't resolved it by next week, I have an appointment at his shop on Wednesday for his best Pioneer guy to pull it and start from scratch.

So I'd like to make this Poll and thread a central one for AR3/iPhone4/4S users to share their stories, maybe help someone figure out why their Appradio 3 isn't working as advertised.  

Please take the poll and list your installed AppRadio 3-Related Apps and any pros/cons in follow-up posts.

Mike

did you follow the instructions to shut off the radio, turn the bluetooth off on your phone then go into settings to change the connection option to other?

iPhone 5 user here with AR3. I've heard that you need to use a switch to get everything working properly. I can't change my brightness or mirror with the bypass, appradio mode works fine though.

I thought we solved your issue, if not see my comments http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37455-picture-adjustment-greyed-out-no-matter-what-in-sph-da-210-ar3/

I will go and make a video because, i have a bypass and if you do it right you can change the setting.

Old Timer, i dont know if you tried this, but this may be your problem. Post up if this does not fix your problem.

Actually got it working before I saw this video... Matt from MicroBypass walked me thru it.  The menu system is one of the worst I've ever seen.  But thank you for that video... that would've saved _me_ a lot of grief LOL.  I still do have some questions:

1.  Is there any way to bypass all the BS screens when you turn the key on?  IOW, turn the key on and have the regular icon menu appear with your phone connected?

2.  Also, the long interface cable has a USB in the middle.  Then there's a second short USB.  Do they both function as the same thing if a USB stick was inserted?

3.  Can I create my own background screen and somehow apply it?  Link to How-To?

4.  What are the benefits to having a jailbroken iPhone and if they are worth it, how does one go back to the correct IOS from v.7.0.x?

5.  Don't ask why, but does anyone know of a small switch that could flip flop between two different backup cameras?  IOW something that could  accept two (2) video IN RCAs, and One (1) OUT.  I'd probably hack it up with a remote toggle and bury the actual switch box under the dash.

Mike

I created a new background image on my mac in photoshop, resolution 800 X 400, saved it as a PNG, went into the AppRadio app and added the file  then sync'd the iPhone to my iMac, but i see no button to "Open" it as described in Mike's instructions.

Background-0_zpseef7af25.jpg

Is there a sync option for the AppRadio 3 in the menu? Shouldn't it sync automatically when I plug it in?

In answer to #5, you will need a composite a/b video switch.  They're not that uncommon.  I would guess radio shack would have them.  Here's a link to one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ocean-Matrix-OMX-VIDEO-AB-Composite-Video-RCA-Input-Expander-Switch-/200775929453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebf2d8e6d

Thats a great find.  Thank you so much for that link!

Mike