AVIC411.com

Guys,

Just bought an 08 350z Enthusiast (non Bose) and doing my first mod. My first project is a Head unit replacement and i've chosen the Pioneer avic-x850bt.

I have attempted to install the $20 ebay cam found that some of the other guys have put in. 

I have successfully tapped into the Reverse wire and ground and run the video cable up through the center console. I believe there is a problem with the HU recognizing the camera and here are a few things that I've done to try get it to work:

-Run a separate RCA cable to verify it isn't the cable - No Luck

-Unhook the video cable from the HU and connect it to a TV and it is in fact sending the signal and comes up on the TV every time.

-Run a separate 16 gauge wire from the HU's purple Rear Cam Signal wire back to the Reverse wire in the trunk (so both cam power and HU wire are connected to Reverse wire)

-Tried the "Battery" and "Ground" polarity settings in the HU menu for backup cam settings - no luck

-Tried to connect RCA to AV1 input instead of backup cam input with no luck on AV1

-Tried disconnecting the bypass that I had setup to make sure everything was "Stock"

So far I've only got the video to display on the HU 1 time so I know it is possible but even then it worked for 1 sec when I shifted to reverse and then put in neutral and shifted back and no luck the next time (and no changes). I have gotten the Black screen at startup many times as others have but can't seem to get the x850BT to recognize the camera consistantly. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try so I can put this thing back together and start driving it again.  Or does this appear to be a software issue with the 850bt?

Thanks

Ryan