AVIC411.com

avic-9dvd 'DISK DATA READING'

Hey,

I got my car and it had a AVIC-9DVD installed in it, to make a long story short i got a new car and went to test the AVIC and hooked it up to my computer power supply (12v) and the parking brake wire to ground, put the navi disk in which is v1.1 for traffic (says on top of dvd) Plug the yellow RCA jack into the tv and it starts up fine shows a pioneer dvd splash screne and then a blue screne comes up and says disk data reading... Anyone get this before? Thanks for any help in advance.

Here is what you need to wetsand your head lights.

You will need various grains of sandpaper (400/800,1000,2000).

A good water source (hose)

some meguiars plastic polish

Turn on the hose to have a steady stream of water on your headlights, then start with the 400 or 800 grain sand paper. The smaller the number the more coarse the sand paper. Start sanding away on the headlight. This will leave big stratches (necessary to removed the oxidized plastic)but dont worry because this will be done away with once you get to the higher grain of sand paper.

Once you are satisfied move onto the higher grain of sand paper and go over the headlights again, which will make the scratches more refined.

Repeat with the 2000 grain or higher.

After that, you can stop the hose and start applying the plastic polish for a nice look.

Congrats! you are done.

I hit the reset button if thats what you meant, and nothing happened other than it restarted and did the same thing... Is there any way to completely reset it? Should I pull out the little battrie?

And yes I've already tryd wet sanding and polishing my headlights they are just badly pitted.

I hit the reset button if thats what you meant, and nothing happened other than it restarted and did the same thing... Is there any way to completely reset it? Should I pull out the little battrie?

And yes I've already tryd wet sanding and polishing my headlights they are just badly pitted.

Time for that set of Hella angel eyes I know you've been dreaming about (i know this because all E39 owners dream of them)

Already got em ;) along with e55 bi xenon projectors...

BTW I do have a new bumper and hood just havent painted them yet, been to cold lateley, thats why I'm trying to get my stupid navi to work.

So my next question about it is, if the antenna isn't plugged in would that cause it to get stuck at that screne?

Oh yah heres the pix of AE and bi xenon's:

2563247_3_full.jpg

I'm not an expert on this system, obviously. But theres a couple things that you may want to check. 1- is the disc scratched? If so, can you get your hands on another disc to try?

2- I'm not sure if this would be related, but your computer PS doesn't supply nearly as much current as your car battery. Maybe something with a bit higher current (but not higher voltage) would make it work? Although, its hard to be certain.

3- Try plugging in all the peripherals (including antenna) although I doubt that should make a difference.

4- How long have you waited on the blue splash screen?

YK

Good idea, I will hook it up to my car, I don't have the antenna, That stayed behind in my other car that i sold, And i don't want to buy an antenna if the unit doesn't work, and I have left it on that screen for like 10 to 15 minute. Ill let you know how it works being hooked up in the car.

• 5 weeks later...