AVIC411.com

Z130BT - Iphone connecting but can't hear music

Hey Guys,

I've had this device for the past year an for some reason my iphone won't play any music. I plug my Iphone 5 in and it shows all my music and even shows spotify but it won't play through the audio. Does anyone have the same issue? Is there anyway to fix this problem? Help!

Thanks! =)

P.S. it has never work with any iphone or Ipod

There is nothing wrong with either. You guys just have isolated issues with your units.

I highly doubt that for one reason.  I have had 2 units (a Z110 in my GTO now sold and a Z140 in my Corvette) and with multiple phones (iPhone 4 & 4S) and the same issues on both units with both phones.  So it's clearly not isolated.  My new 5S still doesn't work right on my Z140.

Now I have heard that you have to pair your phone a specific way for the Bluetooth music to work right with iPhones but I've yet to try it, since the only way to remove Bluetooth data from the Pioneer units is to reset them (poor design).  I don't use BT Music that often so for me, it's more of an annoyance than something I'm dying to fix.

You are certainly right about the poor design of the BT interface on the AVICs. However I remember when I had my 110/120 you had to choose both handsfree and audio in the BT settings and sometimes it wouldn't work. I say its isolated because there should be many complaints if it was a common issue but I could be wrong.

You are certainly right about the poor design of the BT interface on the AVICs. However I remember when I had my 110/120 you had to choose both handsfree and audio in the BT settings and sometimes it wouldn't work. I say its isolated because there should be many complaints if it was a common issue but I could be wrong.

The choosing "audio and hands free" is done automatically.  It has to do with the way the iPhone publishes the information (based on what information I can find).  If you pair from the head unit then it's done wrong, but if you start the pair from the device it works, UNTIL you update iOS, any update to the phone destroys the connection.  This is because when you update iOS your iPhone now is a "new device"  this is the SAME reason the damn thing re-indexes after every iOS update.

I gave up getting mine to work because frankly it's so difficult to delete the phone from the radio.

Bluetooth works perfectly for me.

Trying to plug in directly is where it fails. I have the original cable for the 30-pin connector, Lightning adaptor and it still does not play music. The iPod comes up, shows my entire library, I have full control from the touchscreen, but no audio.

Are you using the Pioneer Cable with Apples 30-pin to Lighting adapter.  If not it won't work.  Plugging your iPod cable into the system will get you no audio because the audio comes in thru the Aux-port.

Are you using the Pioneer Cable with Apples 30-pin to Lighting adapter.  If not it won't work.  Plugging your iPod cable into the system will get you no audio because the audio comes in thru the Aux-port.

No, was using a third party 30-pin to Lightning adapter. Confirmed, a non-apple branded adapter does not work. Just tested with an Apple Lightning to 30-pin cable, and it works perfectly. 

Now I just wish it wasn't such a huge headache to get video out =(

• 2 months later...

No, was using a third party 30-pin to Lightning adapter. Confirmed, a non-apple branded adapter does not work. Just tested with an Apple Lightning to 30-pin cable, and it works perfectly. 

Now I just wish it wasn't such a huge headache to get video out =(

I want to use my 5S with the existing 30pin infrastructure I have on my unit, but don't want to shell out the $29 for the lightning to 30 pin adapter unless there's a good chance it'll work. What unit are you currently using that this works on?  I'm assuming a Z130, but was this upgraded to CNSD-310FM or is it vanilla?  

I'm fairly certain that anyone not using at least a Z140 (hardware) will be out of luck on video since the pioneer cables that work with the 5 and 5S aren't compatible with these units.

Edit - Found another post here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37498-z130-upgraded-iphone-4s-to-5s-upset/ where Scuba X has verified that this works on his Z130 with the CNSD-310FM update.  I'm going to pick up an adapter tomorrow to see how it works out for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got the cable connection to work with a 4S? I have the same issue, the head unit displays my entire library and it appears like its playing but I don't get any sound??? Seems strange to have to plug in the aux adapter to the headphone output, as my other vehicles just the 30pin adapter is all that's required. On a good note I was able to get the Bluetooth connection to work, but sometimes I like to have it plugged in to charge while playing.

You MUST and I repeat MUST use the Pioneer cable!

Pioneer SPLITS the iPhone/iPod output.  Control is done over the DIGITAL connection (the USB port) however audio is transmitted over the ANALOG portion which is transmitted to the Aux-connector.  If you are not using both your iPod will NOT work!