AVIC411.com

hissing from speakers

hey guys, i have (yes you guessed it) another question. i have the avic n3 installed and I keep getting hissing noise from my speakers when nothing is turned on, no navigation, no cds, no dvds, no radio nothing.....and my speakers keep hissing..... thats not normal is it? :?:

yea i have 2 amps and a capacitor installed, i tried turning down the gain but still the hiss. i have a 4 channel 1200 watt mtx, and a 900 watt rockford. I USED to have another 2 channel sony xplod, but the installer said it could be because of that amp, so i changed the amp for the mtx and still the hiss.

the avic requires everything to be well-grounded. I dunno why. I've tried other decks in my car, and the factory deck, and they all work fine. But with the avic, i had some buzzing. It turned out to be 2 things in my case.

The amp wasn't grounded incredibly well,

and I hadn't crimped my ground connections for the avic too well. When I soldered and crimped my Avic's ground to a solid source, and grounded the factory amp to a better spot, the noise went away.

• 2 weeks later...