AVIC411.com

hissing from speakers

hey no its not the fan, i heard the fan, this is a loud hissing. i have another question. when it was being installed the installer cut the avic wires at the back of the unit that plug into the unit. he did that to see if it was my amps that was making the noise, anyway, he just taped it back up, that wont cause any problems for me would it? the engine noise used to come only when i turn on the rear window defroster, but after he did that, it was there nonstop.

• 4 weeks later...

well after 2 months of waiting for my unit from pioneer, i got it back with the same problem. the hissing noise from the speakers when nothing is on, and the engine noise as well. i installed 2 ground loop isolators, and the hissing and engine noise went down, but still audible. when the installers were trying to ground my amps the noise would fluctuate depending on where they put the grounds. the isntaller said it still may be a problem with my avic n3, however i dont want to wait another 2 months for these ppl again. i dont believe its the avic, but i found no solution for my problem. one more thing, when they played with the frequency on the amps, the noise and hissing did go down. (high pass, full range, low pass etc) it went down on the high pass setting. just an update, thx for all the input.

I don't know if this is true, but in my car, the factory amps require 4 volt balanced inputs and the preouts put out 2v unbalanced inputs, which adds to the noise and reduced volume levels... Can anyone tell me if this is true? And maybe if its related?

• 1 month later...

well ive been trying now for almost 4 months to solve my noise issues. anyway i just decided to turn down the gain on the amp, however after the avic n3 was installed, my illumination bulbs started to blow, 3 of them and my left head light went today, so i think there maybe a short or something. my car was perfect untill those future shop installers messed up my ride.