AVIC411.com

Z150 Bluetooth Audio Track Titles / Artist Names

I use Spotify and never get track/artist info on the head unit. I always just put up the map screen while listening to Bluetooth because the main Bluetooth audio screen is useless without artist/track info.

This is the single biggest reason I will look elsewhere for my next nav unit. Well, that and the ridiculously low resolution requirement of video files.

There's definitely something fishy going on there.  Here's my experience using an iPhone 5...

Bluetooth track and artist information sometimes worked in IOS 6.  It was good in 6.1, but was broken after that.  Only songs from the music app would display track/artist info.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that in IOS 7.0, all Bluetooth information was displaying perfectly for any app (slacker, Pandora, etc...).  However all subsequent upgrades to 7.01, 7.02 and 7.03 have all broken the Bluetooth display again and only the music app itself displays track info. But I found a very strange workaround...

Play any song from the music app and the track/artist info will show up.  Then, try and play anything from another app and it will display properly.  If I don't play something from the music app first, then bluetooth display doesn't work.  But if I play something from the music at first, it does.  Very strange.

Searching on a reason why no info displays while streaming music from Spotify to my radio (4S running iOS 7.0.3), and came across this thread.  I feel I accidentally stumbled upon this work around and did not realize it.  I was streaming music, tryed to plug my phone in to the cable to charge, and the cannot connect while connected via bluetooth error popped up.  I then disconnected and continued to stream via Spotify.  I then noticed track information was displaying properly.

I think that when I connected via the cable, it started up the Music app and began playing through there.  When I reconnected with Spotify, it displayed as described in your work around.

I plan to confirm if this works first thing tomorrow!

I'm still on 6.1 and have never had Spotify track info show up on my Z150.  For you all that got it working in iOS 7, even with the workaround, does the album art show up?  Or just track/artist info?  Just curious.

But since you all confirm that it will work with iOS 7 (even if you have to do the workaround), I now have a reason to upgrade.  Well, at least when they release the jailbreak for iOS 7 :)