AVIC411.com

z150bt and chromecast

It works on the App Radio units.

I know you're on an AppRadio unit but how would you select the Chromecast on the Z150? You can't just select the HDMI input for viewing anything. I was under the impression that it is exclusively used for when the iPhone/Android phone is connected?

If you can just select the HDMI anytime you want on an AppRadio model, I seriously need to rethink my next multimedia receiver.

• 5 years later...
On 10/20/2013 at 4:54 PM, kofifi said:

has anyone tried using googles chromecast with the z150bt?? Is this even possible i know it has hdmi input. was thinking of getting some kind of dongle to plug into the hdmi port.

@kofifi, I tested the Google ChromeCast 2 with the AVIC-Z150BH yesterday and it did work for casting videos from YouTube to the head unit.  And, the sound came through the automobile speaker system.

I was hoping to use AppRadio wirelessly and this also worked but it was quirky.  For example, the phone displayed the ChromeCast slash/sleep screen and the phone displayed the AppRadio screen.  If I recall correctly you could touch either the phone or head unit's screen in the respective area of the phone's screen and it registered the taps.  Anyone else playing with this on the Z series head units?

Please note: works great with MiraCast -- see link below.

Edited by bitmap
Works with MiraCast -- see note and link