AVIC411.com

1st post. New z150bh owner. Wow!

Hey--new guy here!

I just had my AVIC-z150BH installed Friday. I've been playing with it non stop (even sneaking out from work today). I have the iPhone 5 control.

I can't help feeling that I am missing out on something. I have most of the apps but I'm sure that they have functions I haven't seen or thought to look for.

Name your favorite function and/or appRadio app. Here's a few shots of the install:

post-102943-0-99999400-1382393671_thumb.jpg

post-102943-0-37183900-1382393729_thumb.jpg

post-102943-0-95329000-1382393767_thumb.jpg

post-102943-0-03653900-1382393787_thumb.jpg

post-102943-0-20805100-1382393795_thumb.jpg

Many of the apps don't work properly with the iPhone 5S and iOS7. For example, gMusic and gMusic2 don't recognize the Pioneer unit anymore, Stezza won't scroll through lists, EC Touch crashes when you try to use their various built in apps, Mixtrax doesn't recognize iTunes Match music, making it useless for me, and Motion-X GPS Drive doesn't recognize the Pioneer unit. Pandora hasn't worked since the firmware upgrade last spring ... it hangs when you search for your stations.

There seem to be as many apps which don't work as do. I assume that this all happened with the iPhone 5 and iOS7,so hopefully they'll be fixed.

The ECTouch people sent me a beta to address this issue, but it crashed just like their AppStore release.

However, WAZE works perfectly, which is the app I really want to use, so I am happy.

Waze, I feel, has the best traffic information there is. If I have to really be concerned about getting somewhere on time and traffic will determine whether I make it or not, I always use WAZE. They not only use the usual traffic sources but also crowdsource traffic so they have information not only on freeways and highways, but on surface streets. It's direction to places has been amazingly accurate and is almost real time when it comes to traffic. No other GPS system I've used seems to have this level of accuracy with traffic.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently upgraded to a Z140 (firmware update) and am going to be trying out CarBrowser, Waze, and Headlines.  There's another app that looks interesting called DashCommand, but I don't have the GoPoint BT1 adapter.  I'll provide some feedback here later this week after I test'em out!

Many of the apps don't work properly with the iPhone 5S and iOS7. For example, gMusic and gMusic2 don't recognize the Pioneer unit anymore, Stezza won't scroll through lists, EC Touch crashes when you try to use their various built in apps, Mixtrax doesn't recognize iTunes Match music, making it useless for me, and Motion-X GPS Drive doesn't recognize the Pioneer unit. Pandora hasn't worked since the firmware upgrade last spring ... it hangs when you search for your stations.

There seem to be as many apps which don't work as do. I assume that this all happened with the iPhone 5 and iOS7,so hopefully they'll be fixed.

The ECTouch people sent me a beta to address this issue, but it crashed just like their AppStore release.

However, WAZE works perfectly, which is the app I really want to use, so I am happy.

I Also have the AVIC-Z150BH. I have the iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4. Just like above, but some differences. 

- Waze Rocks

- Stezza = No issues for me, scrolls lists just fine

- EC Touch  = Crashes if you try to do anything, this is random, sometimes it works but rarely. They also sent me the Beta with no luck. 

- CarMedia browser seems to be the most stable, as I have had no issues at all with it, it does Music, Movies from your phone. 

- Pandora works fine for me. No hangs on station search. 

I agree with all of the above. So many of the apps fall short of what they promised but a few are worth it. I was really looking forward to Waze. I think it is the best traffic app out there. I can't get it to work right. It only mirrors my iPhone, it won't let me control it from the radio screen. Any thoughts?

CarBrowser seems to be struggling to work for me - 

I Also have the AVIC-Z150BH. I have the iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4. Just like above, but some differences. 

- Waze Rocks

- Stezza = No issues for me, scrolls lists just fine

- EC Touch  = Crashes if you try to do anything, this is random, sometimes it works but rarely. They also sent me the Beta with no luck. 

- CarMedia browser seems to be the most stable, as I have had no issues at all with it, it does Music, Movies from your phone. 

- Pandora works fine for me. No hangs on station search. 

Pandora works well for me too, but I haven't tried Waze yet.  Tried CarBrowser which uses Opera for an internet browser and had mixed results.  Does CarBrowser run in full screen for you?  On mine it is zoomed, and even when I zoom out, the side bar for AppRadio gets in the way.  Text is pretty rough too.  It may be because I am using an iPhone 4S which uses the dock connector instead of the Thunderbolt/HDMI combo you are probably using, but would like confirmation on those if that is what you are using and it gives you the full screen experience and clarity.

I agree with all of the above. So many of the apps fall short of what they promised but a few are worth it. I was really looking forward to Waze. I think it is the best traffic app out there. I can't get it to work right. It only mirrors my iPhone, it won't let me control it from the radio screen. Any thoughts?

You have to activate "external device" mode, go too Settings then scroll to the bottom, you will see "Control Waze from car unit" turn that on. 

CarBrowser seems to be struggling to work for me - 

Pandora works well for me too, but I haven't tried Waze yet.  Tried CarBrowser which uses Opera for an internet browser and had mixed results.  Does CarBrowser run in full screen for you?  On mine it is zoomed, and even when I zoom out, the side bar for AppRadio gets in the way.  Text is pretty rough too.  It may be because I am using an iPhone 4S which uses the dock connector instead of the Thunderbolt/HDMI combo you are probably using, but would like confirmation on those if that is what you are using and it gives you the full screen experience and clarity.

Yes I am using the Lightning cable with the HDMI cable and the Apple DV to Lightning adapter, and yes CarBrowser is full screen for me, and you are correct, its a little clunky but works well..