AVIC411.com

AVH-P3300BT & Android phone

I've decided to dump my iPhone and switch to Android.  In fact I just picked up a new HTC One, but I'm still within the 14-day return period and I haven't ported my mobile number yet, so I could just return it.  Only after I bought the phone did I even remember that my car's head unit (AVH-P3300BT) is all iPhone-facing. 

Is there any way to make my P3300BT work with my Android phone, either through firmware for the Pioneer or an app running on the phone? 

thanks for any advice you can provide...

Small bad-news update:  I found that Pioneer has an app that's supposed to help, called Pioneer Connect, but at least at first quick attempt it did no good whatsoever - the head unit still reports "Incompatible USB Device" (or something like that).

If anyone knows a way to make this app work, let me know (or let me know if you know that it will never work)

• 3 months later...

Bumping one time to see if anyone might have any info.  I just found this thread that might be promising, but I'm a little doubtful that the 3300BT will work (and I'm daunted by the prospect of building and soldering a circuit board to make it fly).

[also never mind about my references to the "Pioneer Connect" app - I'm pretty sure that's a non-starter.  I'm just looking for *any* way to make my android phone (HTC One) work with my 3300BT (other than through the headphone jack)

If there's a better place for me to be posting this, let me know

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Same issue here (have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active). Before I got the phone (switched from an iPhone), I just assumed the USB connection on the AVH-P3300BT would work (it works for charging) for music (it's a shame they never supported streaming audio over bluetooth either). Anyway, the only workaround I found was to use the Aux input with a male-male 3.5mm jack connected to the headphone jack of the phone. Not as nice as USB (or bluetooth) and no onscreen info, but better than nothing.