AVIC411.com

Software upgrade for N1-3 for AVIC D3 functions?

Do you think we'll get a software upgrade for our AVIC N1/2/3 to get the same functionality as the new AVIC D3 software? Specifically, I'd like to be able to burn MP3, AVI (DIVX), etc to DVD-R's. This video mentions that the new units have that capability: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... camp=email

Do you think our N1/2/3 units have the hardware capabilities for these functions (besides the bluetooth and ipod controls)?

Not sure about Divx because the unit would need a divx decoder chip, and I did not see one while looking at the service manual, but I could have missed it because damn there is alot of info on parts in that thing lol

As for upgrades and such, any other answer would be rumor or speculation until the D3 is released. No need for MORE rumors now, is there? :)

Yeah, I would think reading the MP3's would be an easy software fix/upgrade.

I just wish it would be the same for playing the Divx files. Wouldn't it be simply software related though? It's not like our computers have any specific hardware that we need to play Divx files. We just need the drivers which hook to our media player / video card hardware......I can dream, can't I? :(

It really makes me mad that after selling all of these N1/2/3 and D1/2 units for $2,000-2,200 a pop, now they come out with an even better and more advanced unit for only $1,000. Of course, if I was on the other side of the fence as someone who didnt already own an AVIC unit, then I'd be jumping for joy :wink: