AVIC411.com

Hello All. Great forum and tons of good information!

Somethings I haven't been able to find relating to the dual zone (rear zone) video output and video formats on the Z150BH:

- Is there a way to have the Netflix or Slingplayer app on your iPhone 5 broadcast to the rear zone video output?  I can launch those apps and watch video on the Z150BH screen but I can't figure out how to get it to show on the rear monitors.  The DVD outputs fine. 

- What are the exact specs on video requirements for SD card? I checked the manual (400 x 240 pixels, 2.5 Mbps, 30 fps etc...) and tried creating movie files using handbrake and Ultimate Video Converter.  I always get errors that it can't play.  Is there a certain file folder structure on the SD card I need to use? Naming conventions?

Please Help!

Thanks!

The HU doesn't send appradio mode signal to the rear zone. I tried splitting the HDMI signal in two. One of them to the HU hdmi input and the other one, to a HDMI-RCA converter, then to one of the two Aux RCA HU inputs.

Doing this, I could watch videos in rear zone (converted to RCA, so less quality), but the AppRadio Mode in the HU screen showed horizontal bars and my app to control the phone (ARLiberator in Android) didn't work, so I had to discard the solution.

Refering to the sd card videos, I've only been able to play videos that I had previously converted to PSP and iPod. So, very low resolution. You can connect an external source to play videos although connected to the HU in the RCA inputs, for example, I have a Raspberry Pi (obviously not the best solution) to be able to play mkv videos in the rear zone, as you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3VfgmiZG5A

These two issues, and the problem of not been able to use HU GPS signal in appradio mode, are the three big mistakes of Pioneer, in my opinion, of course. Although in general terms, I'm pretty happy with the HU.

• 1 month later...