AVIC411.com

Guys you have to understand the debacle the release of the i5 caused in reference to compatibility to these units. The only reason we even have compatibility was by chance and that is the HDMI port. That port was never meant for an Apple device and was introduced to offer compatibility to Android devices. When Apple introduced the lightning connector it instantly rendered all future Apple devices incompatible with the unit. It is just by chance that Apple added HDMI to the spec for the lighting connector and by doing so Pioneer was able to come up with a solution to add compatibility to the unit through a connection they never intended on and hadn't even designed the unit for to begin with. And believe me guys, for Pioneer to go back and put forth that much effort into it is saying a lot. Once they had a solution they also had to offer some manner of a connection kit to make it easier for people to understand what they need to get the device connected and working and that is why we have the CD-IH202. Its not so they can make more money it is so they can point to a solution that didn't even exist when the DA100 was available and the i5 was out there with no compatibility. That all being said if you are resourceful you can get the same result by piecing together the items you need and save money. Guys remember most people won't want to do that and will want a ready made solution offered and most of those people are fine with it. Power users like ourselves are not those people so we will always dig for something more simple or better in order to save money. 

Still ,its sounds strange that they are selling HU and on top of it telling you to buy unnecessary cable , they can just ask the customer for buying the Apple DVI adaptor, don't you think so ?

they can just ask the customer for buying the Apple DVI adaptor, don't you think so ?

They do, its stated as a requirement. Again they are simply offering a ready made solution to a problem that was introduced by Apple. Maybe they should reword their marketing to suggest their kit as a ready made solution as opposed to stating it is required. But honestly if you think about it they are not lying to you. Whats in their ready made solution is required. Its just not the only solution that can be acquired. Again, most people want what they need to make it work in a simple manner without having to do leg work themselves and they don't mind paying for it and that is what Pioneer is offering. In fact, if the best they did was to tell people you have to source out several items yourself before you purchase our product to make it work they would not sell very many units. Its already bad enough that they have to tell people they have to source out the Apple accessories in the first place. And if Pioneer was set up to sell other companies products I have no doubt they would have the Apple accessories as part of tho kit. In this case they have done the best they can.

Guys you have to understand the debacle the release of the i5 caused in reference to compatibility to these units. The only reason we even have compatibility was by chance and that is the HDMI port. That port was never meant for an Apple device and was introduced to offer compatibility to Android devices. When Apple introduced the lightning connector it instantly rendered all future Apple devices incompatible with the unit. It is just by chance that Apple added HDMI to the spec for the lighting connector and by doing so Pioneer was able to come up with a solution to add compatibility to the unit through a connection they never intended on and hadn't even designed the unit for to begin with. And believe me guys, for Pioneer to go back and put forth that much effort into it is saying a lot. Once they had a solution they also had to offer some manner of a connection kit to make it easier for people to understand what they need to get the device connected and working and that is why we have the CD-IH202. Its not so they can make more money it is so they can point to a solution that didn't even exist when the DA100 was available and the i5 was out there with no compatibility. That all being said if you are resourceful you can get the same result by piecing together the items you need and save money. Guys remember most people won't want to do that and will want a ready made solution offered and most of those people are fine with it. Power users like ourselves are not those people so we will always dig for something more simple or better in order to save money. 

I can't get it ,I've bought the HU, than they asking me to buy extra cable for nothing ?! I didn't understood why its related to power user ...