AVIC411.com

AVIC-X850BT Nav Maps Problem. Please Help!!!!

So I just got my X850BT and for some reason the maps aren't loading my current location. The best way I know how to explain it is it looks like its displaying the maps if you didn't have the Antenna plugged in. However I obviously do have it plugged in and it says my reception is good (5 Sats). When I went to look at it at BestBuy, it looked like the display model had like a "Demo" mode or something so you could still look at what the maps looked like. I feel like mine is still in that demo mode. Also I should mention that whenever the car is in motion, you can see the map moving around, but its clearly not the location I'm actually in. I've messed around with the settings, but can't seem to figure it out. Anyone know?

Thanks!!

Had a similar problem with the same unit in my gf car.  The reason you see it moving is because this unit has a gyroscope sensor (from what the guy at Car Toys told me) in it.  He seemed to think it was a defected unit because unlike yours, when he viewed the reception, it said No GPS.  The other thought was maybe the GPS sensor needed to moved to a better reception area.  Long story short, when I went and did a default on the unit, I noticed it mentioned the speed sensor wire was not connected and it was therefore going to put the unit in "Simple Hyprid mode".  When I talked to Car Toys about this, there reply was " yes that wire was important for the GPS to work correctly but they couldn't locate it in my gf car so they never connected it", meaning yes she has one but it was to hard to find so we didn't bother to hook it up. Safe to say I was not happy and ended up getting reimbursed for the entire install cost.  So I would make sure that your speed sensor wire is connected. Also the unit does not come preset with the state and city you live in, when I looked at hers, it was set to Alberta, Canada.  Works fine now.