AVIC411.com

Firmware 4.6 Upgrade (can I force it?)

I did the firmware upgrade and I screwed up. I tried doing it again and I get an error message at about the 30% saying (Upgrade failed)

Anybody know how I can do the firmware upgrade again? It says my application is 4.6 and ucom is 8.05 whiwch means most of it was upgraded.

I need to do it again because my nav screen is orange and it has something to do with the new backup image that is dark and there are 3 colors of lines showing (red, Orange and yellow) when I go into reverse mode from NAv to backup that shows for a split second and same thing when i go from reverse to forward.

Any help would be great.

Jimbo

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the unit stated above.

Problem solved. What a mess the file system was.

Had to manually delete every folder and copy each folder back on. Both the NDATA and User folders. Took forever since I had to copy everything off one deck and back on to this one. Still had issues stated above. Now my FW was showing pre upgrade state. Ran the 4.6 update again. No dice. Condihack 2.21 into wince. Delete and copy all files again. Reboot into supertest mode and copied the PRG0 and PRG1 folders since they were locked in wince due to the hack. Reboot and wham, its good to go now. Will attempt the no nag hack when I get a chance. (I love that hack on my 2 other x940's!)

Thanks for the amazing deal Jimbo!

You are welcome! I spent hours trying to fix the problem including deleting and reinstalling all the files. Great job figuring it out! I did have the no nag on there but i cleared it out before sending off the 940 to you.

Now I got the x-950 and I can't do anything even with the testmode!

Thanks

Jimbo