AVIC411.com

x940Update not working

Hi

Yesterday I got an email for my registered x9310bt that has the 2012 map update (so now a x940) that there was a firmware update. I was excited about that as while my unit works great, the Appradio thing has never worked. So maybe now.

So I download the update and the instructions. I downloaded the 4.6 one.

I've tried many times. Downloaded a number of times. ....... Each time when I get to the part about updating uCon from 8.01 to the new version the updater says that the new version is ------- and won't update. As a side effect the bluetooth won't stay connected for our phones.

As for the update is there something to do that lets you updare the uCon? I've used different sd cards and formatted them too to make sure they were ok. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

OK I'm just not understanding this?

I've downloaded this files (the 4.6 update) so many times, to try and get the UCom update to work, maybe its 10 times. And it still doesn't recognize the update version on the SD card. I've re-formated the SD card prior to copying the files & sub-directory over to the root directory.

Before I downloaded the last time last night, I also downloaded the latest version of Winzip so that I could check that the downloaded file wasn't corrupt. I unzipped the Pioneer zipped file using Winzip (they wrote the program/invented the 'zip' file format so if anything should work right, theirs should. The updated file from Pioneer checked OK. Still didn't recognize the UCom version. Still get the version as -------- .

Has anyone got this to work? Did you download the update file from Pioneer USA or Pioneer Canada?

Frustrating!

Any ideas?

Also....

I have noticed that the update on the Pioneer Europe website for the F940 is just slightly larger than the X940 from the Pioneer USA & Canada websites. Can you use the F940 update to 4.6, instead of the USA/Canada one.

I'm afraid of using the European one in case my unit's language changes to some other language - other than English...

Thanks

Also....

I have noticed that the update on the Pioneer Europe website for the F940 is just slightly larger than the X940 from the Pioneer USA & Canada websites. Can you use the F940 update to 4.6, instead of the USA/Canada one.

I'm afraid of using the European one in case my unit's language changes to some other language - other than English...

Thanks

This update is only for the x940bt, it won't work with your x9310bt due to minor hardware differences. The 2012 map update does not help here. You need to undo the windows ce update somehow that was done before the ucom update. In this update there is no ucom firmware included for the 2011 hardware platform. The ucom firmware files are only included for the 2012 platform (SAL/SYS123)...

I asked Pioneer about an update for my f30bt (=EU version of z130bt). They told me that there is no update for their 2011 models due to incompatible hardware, no matter if maps are updated or not. If you take a look at the files in this update, you will notice that there are only SAL123 and SYS123 folders. These are the ucom firmware images for the 2012 hardware platform. For the 2011 models there should be SAL110 and SYS110 folders as well. The designation of the hardware platform 110/123 does not change with map updates.