AVIC411.com

x930 no iPod/AUX/USB recognition

A buddy of mine bought a year old car with an X930bt deck installed. Everything works fine except for the USB/3.5mm AUX input. The USB/3.5 connection are is in the glovebox however we cannot get ANYTHING to play. We've tried an iPod with an Apple cable, iPod via 3.5mm and a USB key. The deck does not recognize ANYTHING and will not go into the AUX mode. The screen shows the regular FM/AM/BT Audio options on the left. There is another button that when pressed changes between "DISC, iPod, AV1, AV2, Mirror AV" (I think). In the AV settings AV1 set as "iPod" and AV2 is "Aux" (or something like that). From what I saw in the manual this button is for controlling a rear display or something of the like?

Without removing the deck, does it sound like something is unplugged at the back of the unit? I know the USB/3.5mm cord plugs into one jack on the rear (based on what I see in the picture). Considering the input cables are in the glovebox I don't think the shop that originally put the stereo in left them unplugged however anything is possible. The car was bought from a brand name dealer as a trade-in which already had the Pioneer deck installed.

Are we not doing something correctly? There doesn't seem to be any option to select the AUX or iPod as the current source in the ribbon on the left side when playing the radio or BT audio.

• 1 year later...