AVIC411.com

Will Z140 new firmware 4.6/5.1 apply to Z120-->Z140?

A word of caution for those considering this - there are two firmware updates listed on the site in the same place. Be sure to download the update appropriate for your situation since one is a firmware update for models that have never been updated, and the other one is for those that have been updated before.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z140BH?tab=firmware  Here's a quicklink for the Z140.

• 2 weeks later...

will it work without the unlocker? 

or just strait up using pionners instructions?

i am wanting to upgrade my 120 to 140 firmware as well.

No, it won't work on your unit. This is a patch update, not an upgrade to Z140 software form Z110/120.

I think RonS was referring to using this as an update to bring your unit from a 120 to 140, which this update will not do.  This is an update for those who have already upgraded to (or currently own as a base model) a Z140.  

Has anyone with a Z120 (or Z110, Z130) tested this update on their unit that has already been upgraded to a Z140 to see if this patch worked?  I was thinking of trying it, but was scared.

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the update to my Z120bt that has Z140bh update. Previously "Application Version" was 4.010 and now its 4.600. :mrgreen:

Only weird part was when it was in “Program forced write [system uCom Write]†to update uCom version to 8.05, it didn't work on mine. :?

So I just hold the eject button for 10 second and let go the button to open the screen, so I took the SD card out and restart the HU(turn ur car off and on).

Then I check the â€œService Information Screenâ€, "Application Version" got update to 4.600. :mrgreen:

Also I did the bluetooth firmware update to version 3.32. :mrgreen:

Just follow pioneer instruction for this updates. Here is the link.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/AVIC-Z140BH_X940BT_FW-Update_v4.600_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Hope this helps~~~ Good Luck PPL~~!! :mrgreen:

I just did the update to my Z120bt that has Z140bh update. Previously "Application Version" was 4.010 and now its 4.600. :mrgreen:

Only weird part was when it was in “Program forced write [system uCom Write]†to update uCom version to 8.05, it didn't work on mine. :?

So I just hold the eject button for 10 second and let go the button to open the screen, so I took the SD card out and restart the HU(turn ur car off and on).

Then I check the â€œService Information Screenâ€, "Application Version" got update to 4.600. :mrgreen:

Also I did the bluetooth firmware update to version 3.32. :mrgreen:

Just follow pioneer instruction for this updates. Here is the link.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/AVIC-Z140BH_X940BT_FW-Update_v4.600_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Hope this helps~~~ Good Luck PPL~~!! :mrgreen:

Did you get any actual benefit or use out of this aside from the bluetooth update and the camera gridlines?  I didn't find any actual use for it and it ended up being detrimental for myself and another user.  Check out this thread http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37506-z140-iphone-5-firmware-in-z130/page-2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a z12 with hacked upgrade to z14...not having luck with this upgrade....i tried using the firmware update for units that had previously been updated but the sd card showed ------- on the upgrade page, i tried downloading file again and putting on a fresh formatted SD card and same result, so i used the file meant for units not upgraded and it went through the upgrade process as soon as i put the sd card in, but when it booted up to the update ucom screen the sd card had the same ------- on it and my ucom was 8.01 not 8.05,  everything on the system appears the same except that the ipod no longer works and looks much different on the screen (looks like its appradio now)   any help would be appreciated...let me know what other info i can supply. thanks 

• 3 weeks later...