AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS need help with appradio

I just bought a Dodge Magnum 2006 that had the Pioneer AVH-x5500BHS. I own the Samsung Note 3 and I would like to be able to use the Appradio function that is on the system. A few places I have spoke with acted like they had no clue if I would be able to use it with my phone. I was told to come here so here I am. What do I need ( i won't be installing, I will be paying to have it installed) in order to be to connect the two? One area I am confused with is when I installed Appradio on my phone last night it prompted me to connect via bluetooth. If I can connect via bluetooth why do I need a cable? (I wasn't able to connect so I guess this is why I need a cable, but will I always need a cable in order to connect) Can I install new firmware for the appradio? How do I find out which version do I have on my radio since the Icon is not highlighted. Also, Once I get this cable for the samsung is this the same cable that will also be used to give me usb access on the radio?