AVIC411.com

z140bh ver. 4.6 videos & appradio not displaying on screen

I just finished updating my avid z140bh firmware to 4.6. The vga adapter (apple) is connected to both the vga cable and the lightning/usb cable. My iPhone 5 is connected via lightning connector to the vga adapter.

When I try to view videos or use app radio apps like waze and carbrowser app the appradio screen on the z140bh is black but I can hear audio via car speakers. Bluetooth is working fine as well.

The setting on the z10bh are as follows. App connection: iPhone, iPod connection settings: vga

Can someone help me get video and appradio apps to display correctly?

• 3 months later...

I am having this same problem. Just upgraded all the cables and firmware only to find the app mode doesn't seem to work. It says it's connecting to the iphone and the phone asks if I'll allow appradio, but nothing happens. Black screen and I can hear my music via Bluetooth. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me. I am frustrated beyond belief. I used to have a high opinion of this unit, but am fastly changing my mind.

I resolved this issue a couple months ago but I don't remember the timeline of the things I tried to fix it. But I remember that the grounding cable that comes with the "iPhone5 app radio mode interface cable" had not been properly grounded and after that I believe everything worked fine. Try that, hope it works for you.