AVIC411.com

Hi All

First post, but have looked at the forums for ages, some great help.

I have an F900BT with the original firmware and maps, that came with my car. Great unit, but I needed the latest maps because it regularly shows me as driving through fields!

I bought the latest firmware from Pioneer and got the password from the website, etc, and tried to install.

It tried 3 times only getting to 3% each time then stopping at "contact Pioneer". That's bad enough but the AVIC won't get past the splash screen now so is useless!

Please can anyone help? I have a lot of PC experience but no experience of the AVIC operating system.

Sorry if I haven't given any more info as I'm at work at the moment. If anyone needs any more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Hi All

First post, but have looked at the forums for ages, some great help.

I have an F900BT with the original firmware and maps, that came with my car. Great unit, but I needed the latest maps because it regularly shows me as driving through fields!

I bought the latest firmware from Pioneer and got the password from the website, etc, and tried to install.

It tried 3 times only getting to 3% each time then stopping at "contact Pioneer". That's bad enough but the AVIC won't get past the splash screen now so is useless!

Please can anyone help? I have a lot of PC experience but no experience of the AVIC operating system.

Sorry if I haven't given any more info as I'm at work at the moment. If anyone needs any more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Hi All 

Me again. I've just spoken to Pioneer after waiting for them to reply for 3 days to my email. Useless, they say that my unit is most likely faulty and I have to send it to a dealer to be fixed and most likely get charged.

The unit worked really well until the upgrade so I don't think it's faulty.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Can I use testmode to rectify anything or maybe install a different version of firmware. I'm IT literate so I'll have a go at anything if I have the files I need.

Please can somebody help?

Thanks

Rich

Hi again

Just been out to car and did the turn the on with reset held in plus the other buttons and got to the menu thinking that perhaps I could use my pioneer sd card to update WINCE directly. No joy.

Is there anyway of doing this or do I need to get a file off this forum? Problem is a lot of the links to files are dead.

Rich

Hi All

Has anyone got any ideas?

Main points:

1. F900 BT with the original maps and firmware, no updates have ever been done.

2. Bought official latest SD card a month ago from Pioneer, got password, entered it, started update and got update failed message. Pressed retry, after 3 retries message on screen to contact Pioneer. Unit won't get past the splash screen (my own one that I made).

3. Pressed reset button on front and unit has defaulted to the blue illumination but still won't get past screen.

4. Pioneer say unit must be faulty, wasn't an engineer I spoke to, just think the bloke hadn't got a clue. I don't think unit is faulty.

5. Just disconnected the car battery for a bit hoping for a miracle cure but still the same.

6. Last night managed to get into 'engineering mode' but holding buttons and reset, etc, don't know what to do from there.

7. Does testmode 2.3 work with my original firmware?

8. Viewed loads of threads on this subject but a lot of the links are dead. Thought about searching piratebay, etc, until I found a post on AVIC411 that said once someone had used some elses backup, the units ID had changed so he couldn't use his update SD card.

No, I haven't got a backup as I thought I would do things the official way. Wish I hadn't as this has cost me £140 for an official update that not only hasn't worked, it's knackered my head unit. 

Feel like ripping the thing out but when it was working it worked very well!

Please could someone please guide me in the right direction.

Rich

Spoke to repair center and they want me to send them the unit. They have never used CNSD-400FM, only 300FM. They said they will put unit back to original firmware and then try my update card and see what happens. If it fails then they will speak to pioneer and find out what is happening.

I'll take the unit out of the car in a day or so, so if anyone has any experience of CNSD-SD400FM and wants to share then please do it soon!!!

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Sent the unit to Northolt Car Radio Repairs (UK). Great service, good advice from the chap there. Cost me £15 to send it down there, and £65 + return carriage + vat but they installed the original firmware then applied my update SD. They said that there may have been a glitch when I tried to install the firmware myself. Personally I think it's Pioneer and their flaky system.

Anyway, all fixed now. Must start saving for the next map update and the extra £100 to have it repaired when it all turns to sh1t!