AVIC411.com

2013 Map Upgrade

• 1 month later...

I think that the mapping software that comes with the systems is all outdated. I just purchased a new AVIC-X950BH, one month ago. It is supposed to have the latest maps being a new unit, right? I am in a new city and I typed an address 2250 Central Avenue, which is a long time address in my city. it was not found, it said that it only goes to number 1699 for Central Ave. I thought that this was weird as the building has been constructed for 20 years, so I typed the address in to my co-pilot which also has Navteq maps and it was there. This tells me that my 'NEW' AVIC-X950BH has old maps. The punch line is that it does not even say the year of the maps, just that the mapping software is 1.000000, nothing that refers to a date. 

That's what I don't agree with, as a consumer purchsing a brand new product from Pioneer, they should offer the newest update of the map. I do understand the product might have been sitting there for awhile, and what Pioneer should really do it's to offer the customer a one time free update to the newest map with a coupon or something like that. Now having to spend $600 or more on a unit, on top of that another $120 for the update just doesn't seem right to me.

That's what I don't agree with, as a consumer purch[a]sing a brand new product from Pioneer, they should offer the newest update of the map. I do understand the product might have been sitting there for awhile, and what Pioneer should really do it's to offer the customer a one time free update to the newest map with a coupon or something like that. Now having to spend $600 or more on a unit, on top of that another $120 for the update just doesn't seem right to me.

Which is why (pioneer) won't ever consider using this business model. They know that they will lose money hand over fist! Mapping companies' licensing contracts being what they are. Pioneer can only hope AppRadio units can be competitive in a market saturated with navigation options. As for the Avic line up...I think we all know where this is heading.   :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat, I think it's pretty shitty that after buying a 700 gps unit I would expect it's gps functionality to be decent and atleast updated. I saw one best buy listed 3 times at the same location, while the ace hardware across the street thats like 15+years old isn't even listed. When i spoke to them they said I have to wait a year for them to crate a map.. then I am *allowed* to purchase this update. I would have never guessed that it would have been this old. They deserve to be hacked.