AVIC411.com

Hello, I have a Z130BT and recently all my A/V controls (bass, treble, balance, fade, etc.) have stopped working and are completely grayed out. In the home menu, when I touch "A/V", it goes directly to the radio/cd/etc. screen. This happens when parked so I do not think it is the parking brake or anything, although I am bypassed. It all worked before and there are no other issues with the unit. I have done a search and could not find any related info to this issue. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have not tried a DVD or dialing out from the unit I'll check that out. Could a bypass come undone some how?

If your unit was by-passed, it is possible a wire came loose. If that is the case, setting the parking brake will not have any affect. That is because the parking brake sensor is not connected (due to the by-pass wiring). To "undo" the bypass, connect the PB wire as shown in the installation manual.

You can leave the mute wire in the moved location, but make sure it isn't grounded.

But rather than disable the by-pass, I'd fix the probelm. Most likely the moved wire is loose, or the ground is loose.

Thanks for the help guys. Having it all work before leads me to believe a wire has come loose. I'll pull it out and check the wires when I have a chance. I just wanted to search for some knowledgable opinions first before assuming the unit itself might have a problem. Cheers.

On the Navi Settings/Connection Status screen it displays the current Parking Brake status. With a non-bypassed HU and correct PB sensor installation, the ON/OFF will toggle with the parking brake. When the harness has been bypassed, it will always display as ON. So, if yours  is saying OFF, then you have a wiring problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I guess I forgot to mention I have an aux battery in my trunk that runs my head unit. I noticed the negative terminal was severely corroded so I disconnected the cables, gave the terminal a good cleaning with a wire brush and got rid of the corrosion with diet coke and reconnected everything after wiping it down and making sure it was all dry. The A/V controls still didn't work at first but after about 5 minutes of playing the stereo the speakers came to life all of a sudden (they sounded flat and quiet before) and sure enough my A/V controls were now working and all there.

I wish I knew what went wrong or what I did to fix them. Could a corroded negative terminal have caused the A/V controls to malfunction? Anyways I'm happy they're working again without me having to remove the unit itself. Thanks for the tips guys. Cheers.