AVIC411.com

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! Program Start Up Error AVIC-Z140BH

@RonS - not meaning to high jack this thread but you really seemed to be knowledgeable - Can you take a look at this thread and see if you have any ideas? I have researched hi and lo and have not found a path - tech support is useless (as expected). It seems to be a software hick-up so I was hoping I could get it fixed with a little help. check out the video I took of the issue. Hope you can check it out. Cheers P.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38453-z140bh-in-a-select-program-language-loop/?hl=loop

Just for the record - here's a copy of my reply to your PM (& a few typos fixed):

What language are you trying to configure it for? Where are you? Was this a US unit that was loaded with EU software? What is the history of this unit? Is it running US/CAN software? On your Youtube vid, I notice that English is not one of the options on that initial screen - but the TTS (in Eng/Fr/Esp) options show up after you selectd Francais - so it makes me wonder if there is a conflict in the software versions.

If you are actually trying to set it as English in the US, try selectin Samantha on the second screen before hitting "OK".

I don't have many ideas - especially with many unanswered details about this unit. Maybe just install the latest (V5.0) - http://avic411.com/i...-maps-download/

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give RonS a huge thumbs up!!!! It is members like this that make forums such a awesome place to learn things that you have no idea about. Most folks are to busy to help anyone but themselves. RonS is also 100% correct, once you learn something  do your best to pass the knowledge along when you have the opportunity. Not saying the OP needs to read the forum every day, but you get what I am saying. Thanks RonS, I hope I never need your assistance but glad people like you are here to hopefully provide the right answers. I have a thread started about the Z140BH charging a IPOD when the vehicle is turned off. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

God Bless

NCHornet

• 2 months later...

Hello to All,

I am having the similar or the same problem that Jalvini had with the AVIC-Z140-BH that was installed in 2012 by a Pioneer authorized dealer, which is " Program Start Up Error" with the number 6 in the bottom right hand corner. This unit has never gone through any SW/FW update.

• I have tried hard reset 3 ~ 4 times (pulled battery off, waited for 5 minutes and re-started). 
  • Thanks to the detail instructions in this tread, I created the PRG.FLG, an empty file, on my PC, copied it to the SD that has Testmode.key in root. Rebooted the AVIC into TestMode, then selected PRG.FLG on the SD, and copied it to /USER. Then SD was ejected and AVIC rebooted. But the problem remains. "Program Start Up Error" !
  •  I have also tried FW update to v4.60 following exactly the instructions by the Pioneer site:

​http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/AVIC-Z140BH_X940BT_FW-Update_v4.600_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

But the FW update failed.

So I am back to square one with the same problem:  " Program Start Up Error" 

Any help to provide a solution is greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Ken

• 2 years later...

i have/had this same initial issue. i followed the above steps. found that my user folder did not have the prg.flg file. so i created a text file, then renamed it prg.flg (made sure the file extension changed) then insert that into the user folder on my head unit. this is also a z140bh. now my unit will boot, gives me the navigation message, you hit ok. it takes forever to select past that. then the screen just goes blank. if i hit home it will bring the main menu up but i cant select anything. if i hit mode it will bring up the radio side and i can select an input and the radio works, but is extremely slow. i cant drag the menu to see all my audio inputs, i can only select whats already showing. however i can not get the menu to work right or get the navigation side to load at all. 

i also tried performing the firmware update from pioneer. with not help. and i tried copying the files from the prg1 folder to the prg0 folder with no change. 

im wondering if maybe the prg.flg file i made isnt right but half works.

i did also use the self test option in the program test mode and it gave me an error on nadflash . the touch screen test came back good in test mode.

last i tried a hard restart (disconnect my battery) still no go.

any input would be greatly appreciated. or if anyone could share a good working copy of their unit. my unit has never been hacked or changed from factory. and it worked great last night  just started with the boot error this am. please help

additional note, when i bring up the menu page, it use to show me the main three, and in the background you could see the full list of items. it only shows the main three now. and i cant select anything. the radio side lets me select.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/19/2013 at 7:43 PM, jalvini said:

I am having a huge problem. I own an avic-z140BH and the other day my battery went dead and after I jumped the car I am getting a "Program Start Up Error" with the number 6 in the bottom right hand corner. Can someone please walk me through how to fix this as I am clueless as to doing this type of work. I really am a NOOB so the more directions that you can give me would be a great help! 

I thank anyone in advance as pioneer is giving me the run around and takes no responsibility. Great customer care they have being as though the radio was just installed in august of this year. Thanks again in advance and any help is appreciated.

I having exactly the same problem with PIONEER carrozzeria MRZ09 whereby the start screen starts and then turns black depicting in Japanese text which google translate says "failed to start  program" and number 6 appears at the bottom right corner of the black screen. Any help with this particular model will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

How I solved my problem finally with AVIC CARROZZERIA MRZ09.

I remembered to have saved two backups for USER folder in my laptop. 1) Version before using DZOs auto Japanese-English  setup which worked flawlessly in my AVIC MRZ09. 2) Version after successful conversion to English following DZOs programme.

1) I entered in TestMode using buttons and navigated up to USER DIR, then selected all files therein and hit delete. It took time but got it done.

2) Copied the English version of backup folder into the flash disc and transferred the contents in the USER folder of the AVIC MRZ09.. It took quite a bit of time to paste. Finally it got done.

3) Removed flash disc and switched off ACC. Waited for the unit internal fan to stop completely and switched back to ACC.

4) The unit got back alive without black screen and works fine. 

I hope this solution may help someone with similar problem like mine.

• 4 years later...
On 3/13/2014 at 2:05 PM, RonS said:

Just for the record - here's a copy of my reply to your PM (& a few typos fixed):

What language are you trying to configure it for? Where are you? Was this a US unit that was loaded with EU software? What is the history of this unit? Is it running US/CAN software? On your Youtube vid, I notice that English is not one of the options on that initial screen - but the TTS (in Eng/Fr/Esp) options show up after you selectd Francais - so it makes me wonder if there is a conflict in the software versions.

If you are actually trying to set it as English in the US, try selectin Samantha on the second screen before hitting "OK".

I don't have many ideas - especially with many unanswered details about this unit. Maybe just install the latest (V5.0) - http://avic411.com/i...-maps-download/

Does this maps load work on AVIC-MRZ07 model?