AVIC411.com

Hi

I recently bought the last App Radio 2 in a store for a smaller price as it was the demo unit and discontinued. I have it install in my Pontiac Vibe. I use an iPhone 5S that is provided by my employer, so I cannot root/jailbreak it for obvious reasons... I can jailbreak the App Radio tho  :mrgreen:, but I'm not sure if it is to get it better...

When I bought it, the seller which probably never used one other than on the display unit, told me I could do navigation with the Map apps and that the iPod functionality should work even when I will upgrade to an iPhone 5s. Both assumptions proved to be wrong...

So, since the Map app canot serve as a navigation tool, I think there is NavFree that can replace it. But it told me that I need some kind of add-on that I cannot find (don't remember the name on that add-on) in the interface. Any idea?

Also, the CarMediaPlayer provided by Pioneer is really basic and boring at some points... I listen a lot to podcast in the car (on long trip, as a radio substitute) but I really miss the rewind/forward 15 seconds that I have on my iPhone interface. Is there a better app?

Also, when browsing music or podcast, the app is showing every artists/podcast even if they do not have content (for podcast) or when the music is in the cloud (I use iTunes Match). Is there a way to have this app to show only the content available on the device?

More on the boring side, how can we permanently remove the nagging messages about security when we start the car? I think it is very annoying that I have to remove the parking brake (which should be secured when on) to remove that message. Pioneer totally missed the fact that when on the parking break we are in a secure mode, right?

From the available apps, I'm not sure which have any interest that I have not discovered yet? Not so many compatible apps are available...

I saw it can work with a back-car camera, but the model suggested by Pioneer is very pricey. Is there a cheaper option?

How about Siri?

Last question for now: would it be possible to connect a standard iPod (32 pins connector) and my iPhone when I want it using some kind of USB splitter? When I got the iPhone 5s, I simply bought the Apple adaptor and used the provided USB cable with my own HDMI cable as suggested in this forum. So I still have the 32 pins available on the USB cable.

I'll probably have more to come I guess...

There is no jailbreak for the AR2.

The NavFree add-on is an in app purchase.

Car Media player is what it is. Its not perfect but it works. There are other AR compatible apps you can download through the App Radio App.

You can't remove the nagging screen. 

Any camera marketed as a backup camera will work. Look at BOYO cameras.

You can't use more then one device without it being a complete PITA.