AVIC411.com

Connecting a Samsung Galaxy S4 to AVIC-Z150BH for appradio mode

I just purchased a Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH Nav/Head Unit and just trying to figure out how it worked took me almost 2 weeks. I finally gave up and went to a Ed&Al stereo installation store and they finally clued me in on how it works as far as using the Navigation features goes. Now I have a new problem. I want to connect my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 (i545) to my pioneer head unit for appradio mode. I have a Ipod touch 4th Gen connected to the NAV head unit with a CD-IU201N cable. I purchased the the Android connection kit (CD-AH200) as it was listed on Pioneer's web site as a accessory for the AVIC-Z150BH but I found that it doesn't work with the S4 with out a samsung MHL adaptor so I purchased the Samsung HDTV Adapter TIP (5 to 11 Pin Converter) EPL-FU10BEBSTD for Galaxy S3 (9300) as was listed on Pioneer's web site as compatible with the S4 but it does not work. I'm  at my wits end as to exactly what Samsung MHL adaptor I'm supposed to get to work with this thing. Does anybody know what Samsung adaptor I need to get appradio mode working on the AVIC-Z150BH. Your prompt replies will be appreciated

I think you need the Samsung original MHL 2.0 adapter (http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ET-H10FAUWESTA )

I'm not sure because I have a S3, so better wait until someone with a S4 confirm this.

It doesn't need to be the official Samsung adapter, but you do need a MHL adapter.

I'm not trying to call anyone stupid, but is the Pioneer app installed on the cellphone?