AVIC411.com

Avic-x1bt CD/DVD doesnt work. Gps either.

Hello guys,i have buyed used x1bt, instaled by my self into my car. Radio works fine. But it doesnt load the gps and any other dvd discs with mp3. I have downloaded Cndv-110mt east europe maps and burned it into the DVD+R DL disc on x4 speed without issue. But it still do not read the disc,when i load the dics it just shows Reading format. And after that DVD option doesnt even work. It shows it same as cd is not in. Do you guys have any ideas whats wrong? Did i concected something wrong? Or a laser lens is just dirty?

I have tryed to put the Navi disc in and press reset button. screen loads up with pioneer 2012 update after that i just get some kind of source screen with logo and thats it . It doesnt move anywhere ,doesnt instal anything. Radio works normaly. I tryed also to reset factory settings but when i choose the dvd/cd disc the multiplayer just dont see it. Im sorry for my bad English. Waiting for your answers. Thank you .

Pegasus tanks for the manual,but i have wired up all system with the manual. So im almost sure that i have conected everything good,i just dont know why and what went wrong. I have read some more about Navigation burned cd's , i think i have used wrong Dvd disc. It was DVD+R DL not DVD-R DL , in some forum people say it has to be onky DVD-R dl not DVD+R dl. So i have ordered thru ebay some Verbatim DVD-R DL discs.just to check,also another strange thing,i have instaled in another dvd some sort of Navi update throm Pioneer webpage witch is required only for Denmark and France i think. i Have burned it to the dvd and set in to my headunit and it updated it without any problems...... My Navi doesnt work yet and it doesnt play dvd-mp3 files. When i press Navi button it says insert correct disc . And when i put dvd-mp3 disc it doesnt see it at all......Maybe anyone has some ideas? Or i still should read manual more closely?? Thank you guys for understaning me.

[Note: i have also conected multi 6 cd changer - maybe hes the problem?]

You're welcome. I'm assuming that the seller didn't provide you with the original Navi map-disc, and if I'm not mistaken you're stating that NO disc based media will play.  The unit very well could have issue with your disc formats, but you might want to consider that your drive could have failed, even if the unit reports that it's "reading."  What troubles me most about your post is why did you even consider loading newer maps on this system before verifying that the original ones were functional! (Sorry had to get that out... it just collects if I don't  :-P

You're welcome. I'm assuming that the seller didn't provide you with the original Navi map-disc, and if I'm not mistaken you're stating that NO disc based media will play.  The unit very well could have issue with your disc formats, but you might want to consider that your drive could have failed, even if the unit reports that it's "reading."  What troubles me most about your post is why did you even consider loading newer maps on this system before verifying that the original ones were functional! (Sorry had to get that out... it just collects if I don't  :-P

The seller provided me with 2 dvd original discs with 60mt maps , but on moving my headunit in a box both cd's was on the bottom and got broken [ i dont know how....] So they dont work anymore. this was the reason why i tryed to instal new maps and system updates on my headunit [ i didint seen point to re-burn old 60mt maps to new cd so i tryed with 110mt] .

Anyway thanks for help my friend, as i understood from your answer is that withouth installed navi cd's it could be possible that it wont read any other cd's until i will install navi dvd?

I will wait few more days til my new Verbatim Dvd-R DL comes, i will try with the, because for some reason i believe that dvd+r wont work. As it writtes in google about difference between Dvd-r and dvd+r . Pioneer company uses only DVD-R for instaling discs.

What about my burner? Is it okay if i use ashampoo 14? I kind of like it and it was easy to use for me, but what about burning quality and succes rate? Is it good enough?

Also one more kind of stupid question, as i have read. cndv-110mt maps has also the system package inside? Not only the maps? Or im wrong?

...What about my burner? Is it okay if i use ashampoo 14? I kind of like it and it was easy to use for me, but what about burning quality and succes rate? Is it good enough?

Also one more kind of stupid question, as i have read. cndv-110mt maps has also the system package inside? Not only the maps? Or im wrong?

Your burner software is the least of your concern at this point. Verify that the drive functions first. If you can't play any disc-based media with the drive this will confirm that your problems won't be solved with the Map Disc not matter watter media they're on.    

...What about my burner? Is it okay if i use ashampoo 14? I kind of like it and it was easy to use for me, but what about burning quality and succes rate? Is it good enough?

Your burner software is the least of your concern at this point. Verify that the drive functions first. If you can't play any disc-based media with the drive this will confirm that your problems won't be solved with the Map Disc not matter watter media they're on.    

I think it works because, i have used 1 dvd dl disc and instaled some sort of navi maps update witch is requiered if i use it in Denmark. I have burned it in to the disc, then i have set it into my headunit and pressed reset button, it have turned off and on, and installed that update without problems.So im not sure anymore is it a laser lens that gives me problems, or the cd's. Anyway if i put any kind of dvd or cd into my headunit i can hear that cd player spins the cd and writes reading format,but it doesnt show on the menu that S-CD or CD button have highlighted. I have 6 disc changer but it doesnt read dvd format. i have tryed to put into the 6disc changer cd with mp3 format music but it didint-it have seen the disc, but after i press something in a 30second i get message witch says error 13 or error 11 [ can remember now....]. So i stil have hope that it has problems with software like you said cuz that makes sense

• 2 weeks later...

Okay finaly i instaled 110mt to dvd-r dl it works fine, i have installed gps without issue. It seems to be working well. But.... I still have a problem!!!! The cd-rom cant read the dvd disc from time to time, i mean sometimes when i put it in,it works fine, sometimes not! I have tryed to burn some mp3 music into dvd-rw [it doesnt work-never did] .

So next step i did i have cleaned the laser lens today. BUT IT STILL DOESNT READ THE CD or any other disc. So im stuck now and i dont know what to do. Im living in Denmark its not my home country so i dont know any places who could fix my headunit. So i do everything by my self. I have tryed to find some places where they fix headunits but it didint worked out.

SO PLEASE ANY WHO KNOW WHERE IS MY PROBLEM ANSWER ME AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Im sick and tyred of listening freaking radio all the time[ PS. i have new sound system in my car - thats why im so pi**ed by listening radio]

Sorry for my english, i hope everyone understood what i mean and someone wil finaly answer my question.

For people who dont know - i have bought this headunit used ,it suppose to work fine ,but it dont. And its bin too long time since i have bought it so i cant return it.

Kind regards.

• 2 years later...

Hello guys,i have buyed used x1bt, instaled by my self into my car. Radio works fine. But it doesnt load the gps and any other dvd discs with mp3. I have downloaded Cndv-110mt east europe maps and burned it into the DVD+R DL disc on x4 speed without issue. But it still do not read the disc,when i load the dics it just shows Reading format. And after that DVD option doesnt even work. It shows it same as cd is not in. Do you guys have any ideas whats wrong? Did i concected something wrong? Or a laser lens is just dirty?

I have tryed to put the Navi disc in and press reset button. screen loads up with pioneer 2012 update after that i just get some kind of source screen with logo and thats it . It doesnt move anywhere ,doesnt instal anything. Radio works normaly. I tryed also to reset factory settings but when i choose the dvd/cd disc the multiplayer just dont see it. Im sorry for my bad English. Waiting for your answers. Thank you .

How do I down Load the disc on my computer

Can I get the link to download the file and burn it