AVIC411.com

New 2013 US/Canada Map for X9310BT (X940 firmware)

Good day everyone, I'm still pretty new to this forum and have been reading most of the postings. Back in July 2013 I got the factory Subaru installed X9310BT, yesterday I updated the firmware to 4.0 from 3.01. everything works as it should, however I screwed up my map as I installed 2012 map which it's older than what I had in the system... my question is, if I purchase the new update 2013 map directly from Navteq, would I be able to update the map since I've changed it to a different firmware.

Thanks for your input

Hi!

Good question...

I too have a 9310bt in our 2012 Subaru Legacy. I installed the 2012 map update in August 2012 ... and all worked fine. I too had heard that the 9310 with the 2012 map update made our unit a 940 (or like a 940). When I received a notice from Pioneer that there was a firmware update for the 940bt I tried to install that. Well that didn't go very well. Bluetooth doesn't stay connected now, we can't use our 51V cable for playing songs from our iphone 4S, and the GPS isn't accurate now. Depending upon which way I drive (N-S, or E-W) it might place us on another street 1 over to the right.

Anyway, waiting on a dealer appointment to either re-install the unit or send it back to Pioneer. When I get it back I'm assuming it will come back with the original install. So I'm planning on then putting back in the 2012 map update. I'm hoping that with the 2012 update in as well that the 2013 can be installed.

Has anyone done it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can I put the 940BT 5.100 firmware onto my 930BT currently running 3.000?

Hi

I tried the 4.6 firmware update on my 9310. The 9310 and 930 are the same. My install did not work.

My unit prior to the 4.6 install worked fine. After the install bluetooth wouldn't stay connected, neither could we play music from our iphone 4s. The GPS became a little wonky.

Subaru is replacing my headunit. The AppRadio thing never ever worked on my unit. While frustrating, the rest worked fine until I did the install of 4.6

So beware! However.....

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=XdUKCghBwjUAAAE5SzJgJAUE&ShowAllProducts=YES

The link above should take you to the Pioneer Update webpage

The screen I copied had on the right the 9310 as the unit installed. On the right it talks about the 940 firmware updates. Click on compatibility (the tab) and it talks about the 940. So from that you could interpret that the 940 update should be used. Confusing.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Hi

I tried the 4.6 firmware update on my 9310. The 9310 and 930 are the same. My install did not work.

My unit prior to the 4.6 install worked fine. After the install bluetooth wouldn't stay connected, neither could we play music from our iphone 4s. The GPS became a little wonky.

Subaru is replacing my headunit. The AppRadio thing never ever worked on my unit. While frustrating, the rest worked fine until I did the install of 4.6

So beware! However.....

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=XdUKCghBwjUAAAE5SzJgJAUE&ShowAllProducts=YES

The link above should take you to the Pioneer Update webpage

The screen I copied had on the right the 9310 as the unit installed. On the right it talks about the 940 firmware updates. Click on compatibility (the tab) and it talks about the 940. So from that you could interpret that the 940 update should be used. Confusing.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Hmm. Just tried the link in my post and it didn't take. The link takes you to Navteq that provides the map update.

On the right side of the screen (through the link I provided) click on the Pioneer Navigation Update link.. This takes you to Pioneer.

A list of models is shown. Scroll down to the 930bt. In the middle column click on the link. This should take you to a new screen that is looking for your model.

From the drop down menu choose 930 (or as I did the 9310).

You'll now have a screen that talks about updating the 940 on oneside, and the 930 or 9310 on the other.

That is how I took from it that it would work.

For mine it didn't!!

Maybe my unit is defective. Don't know. Maybe other would work.

As I said confusing...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Yes, I received my 2013 Pioneer map update today. It shows as compatible units as;Z130, Z140, X930, X9310, and X940. So that says to me if you updated a 930/9310 to a 940 using the 2012 map update. That this should work too!

So once I get a 9310 installed again in my dash I will be ready to go.

Thanks