AVIC411.com

Solutions to the iPod problem?

Well since I got my Avic installed yesterday, I've had a complete blast messing around with it. At first I didn't think the iPod interface was as bad as everyone said it was, and I didn't mind waiting the quarter second it took to scroll down. That is until I started driving. It is kinda annoying and was wondering what the possible solutions are. Could this be solved with a firmware update that allows the Z1 to scroll down to say, a letter. It's a real pain having the scroll all the way down every time I want a certain song. Or do you guys think that this should be solved with another faster interface?

Actually, the A-Z playlists is a good idea. I thought it would take a lot of work, however I finally figured it out on iTunes.

So, for the rest of you idiots like me who thought you had to add everything manually,

File --> New Smart Playlist

Then "Artist Begins with "

Make sure to check "only checked items" for the playlist

Since I'm one of the aforementioned "idiots" I won't feel bad asking a stupid question.

But how exactly does the 26 playlists method make things a lot faster?

As a test I created a smart playlist for Artists starting with "B", which gave me a list of 193 songs.

Let's say I'm in the mood for Billy Joel, so I pull up my B Artist playlist and have to scroll down 84 songs (5 at a time) till I got to Billy Joel's songs.

And while I can see this would be faster than getting to Billy Joel via the Artist Search, I would still have to know the name of every Billy Joel song I have so I would know to stop scrolling, otherwise I'm just going to stop scrolling at the first Billy Joel song I recognize.

OK, now I'm ready for someone to reply back with "You're such an idiot..."