AVIC411.com

AVIC-F7010BT: No Nav, No System Settings, No BT

Hello-

New here, coming begging for help!

Bought my car with an F7010bt, which was working okay for a few months Over the last few:

-Navigation options went away... I still have maps, but can't enter routes

-System Settings is greyed out... only AV and Sound settings are highlighted

-Bluetooth worked with my old iphone, but won't pair with my iPhone 4s. ALL phone settings are greyed out.

I have tried resetting. I have installed the 2.08 firmware upgrade, all problems persist. Tried to install a 2.06 upgrade and update does not initiate. I'm not any worse off, yet, but still have no nav, no Bluetooth, no access to system or phone settings.

I'd be very grateful if someone can help me troubleshoot this before I rip it out and put in the stock Volvo head! Is there a way to get to factory settings and start over?

Ray in Davis, CA

Hi

Sounds like the unit thinks that your handbrake isn't on and is disabling the bits that you can't mess with when driving. I found this by accident when I was trying to change the settings when I was stuck in traffic and I hadn't got the handbrake on.

If you have got the handbrake on, then I wonder if the wire that goes to the handbrake has become disconnected?

Rich