AVIC411.com

high pitched noise in HD Radio source mode

I have a Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport. the head unit has the Metra Access AWIC steering wheel control interface and the parking brake bypass installed. Upon bootup I usally hear a high pitched whine along with the fan in the back which is less noticable and that usally fades after about 30 seconds or so however in HD Radio mode I perpetually hear a high pitched whine in the background regardless of what position the volume is. It only occurs in  HD Radio mode, no other source modes are affected. I don't think it is alternator whine because it occurs even when the engine is off. and it does not occur in AM HD radio just FM HD Radio. Does anybody know what might be causing this?  If this normal or not? I was thinking that possible the NAV antenna lead is causing it by introducing noise into the radio antenna lead but I'm not sure. Please  let me know what might be causing this. It's kind of irksome, you cant hear it while driving but you can hear it when things are quieter. Your prompt replies will be appreciated.